Network Engineer I
If interested, please reach out to Luke, at [email protected]!
Job Title: Network Engineer
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm local
- Needs Viptela SDWAN knowledge
- Will need security clearance
- CCNA/CCNP Preferred
This position will be responsible for the testing of layer 1 and layer 2, implementation of services at layer 1, 2, and occasionally 3, including private line services; Ethernet, Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Virtual Private Network (VPN), DIA, Voice, Security, Managed Services and Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) suite of products. Responsibilities will also include product and systems knowledge related to the activated services, technical validations, pre-testing, troubleshooting, activation and post activation with customers.
The Main Responsibilities
• Complete activations for external customers with some oversight.
• Partner with the applicable departments to trouble shoot activations for Customer Care Managers, Account teams and Field Ops
• Troubleshoot post-activation issues.
• Proficiently process orders according to service level agreements (SLAs), M&Ps, On-Time Performance objectives and quality standards.
• Proficiently manage the assigned queue (may be an Automatic Call Distribution (ADC) call queue where assigned) to maintain service level objectives.
• Maintain and support the network infrastructure.
• Update all systems and databases with careful attention to detail.
• Provide accurate and consistent internal and external customer communication during established intervals using phone, email, and ticketing notes.
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders to understand evolving issues and requirements, understand upstream and downstream implications and dependencies, ensuring key solutions are executed and properly coordinated.
• Maintain a commitment to safe practices and hold others equally accountable.
• Complete designated amount of work in a specified timeframe with a high degree of quality.
• Efficiently and accurately work with multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Associates degree or equivalent education and relevant experience.
• 5+ years of related experience or equivalent.
• May require technical certification.
• Knowledge of Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) Topologies
• Understanding and ability to interpret Circuit Designs
• Beginner experience with implementation of Circuits: DS1, DS3, Optical, Ethernet, and DWDM
• Beginner experience with Network Hardware including Routers, Switches, Wireless Access Points
• Beginner experience working with Internet and Private Network Solutions
• Beginner experience configuring Customer Provided Equipment (CPE) Routers and Switches
• Beginner experience working with Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) Equipment or Solutions
• Beginner experience configuring CPE Routers and Switches
• Telecommunications or other relative field of study/work
• Experience with SDWAN activations, troubleshooting and turn ups - Viptela experience is a major plus
• Certifications on related telecom or networking field (2 certifications preferred - Cisco Certified Network Associate and/or Metro Ethernet Form (MEF))
• Experience in working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity (thinking outside of the box).
• Intermediate knowledge of Open Systems Intercommunication model, working knowledge of TDM, Ethernet, Voice, MPLS, Internet Protocol, Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) and Classless Inter-domain Routing (CIDR)
• Fundamental knowledge of Routing Protocols and Hardware Platforms to include BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, IP Routing, Cisco
• Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Cisco IOS, ATM, Frame-Relay, Juniper, Juno OS, DNS, Radius and UNIX
• Exposure to Network Design (LAN, WAN and ISP) and troubleshooting
• Fundamental knowledge of all Ethernet Topologies.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.