Sr. Systems Engineer
Apex Systems is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to work onsite in Fayetteville, NC. Candidate must hold an Active TS-SCI Security Clearance and CompTIA Security+ Certification to be considered. To apply, please email your resume to Cameron at [email protected]
Title: Sr. Systems Engineer
Location: Ft. Bragg, NC
6 Month Contract to Hire
Provide senior level administration and engineering support of Windows based network systems. Responsibilities include the evaluation, design, implementation and support of Microsoft Windows based servers and enterprise applications including: Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Clustering, Exchange, and Skype for Business Server. Design, configure, implement and support fiber channel networks. Provide tier 3 systems support. Must be self-motivated and have a capacity to determine the correct course of action on their own, as well as work through issues with minimal help from others.
As the lead/senior systems engineer, performs design of server and application architectures. Performs the administrative operation and maintenance of server hardware and software. Maintains system security and executes practices and procedures, monitors usage statistics and logs, monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators. Responsible for the training, motivation, discipline and performance evaluation of assigned employees. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with MS Exchange and Unified Communications applications (Lync/Skype/Teams)
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Active Directory administration to include Group Policy Management, DNS, DHCP, and Identity & Credential Management.
- Familiarization with Azure Active Directory and experience with extending Microsoft services to support Hybrid Multi-Cloud (On-Prem, Azure, AWS)
- Strong experience with server virtualization (VMWare 6.7x, 7.x, and soon 8.x and Microsoft Hyper-V) and VMWare Cloud Foundation, VMWare Horizon, VMWare Site Recovery Manager, VMWare vSphere engineering in regards to supporting hybrid cloud and systems architecting to provide High Availability and Geographic Redundancy. AVI load balancers, NSX, and vSAN are highly encouraged along with integration with Dell VXRail.
- Experience with management of Storage Area Networking environments (NetApps FAS and AFF arrays, Pure Flashblade, and vSan technologies)
- Experience with Enterprise-Level backup and restoration concepts and products
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work.
- Reviews the work of others and is able to detect errors or needed modifications.
- Competent to work at a high technical level on all phases of systems engineering activities.
- Excellent communication and briefing skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through.
- Solid worth ethic and the ability to work in a mission critical environment.
- Provides technical guidance, leadership, and mentoring to engineers with less experience.
- 10+ years of total experience
- 4+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2019
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Skype for Business 2019
- 4+ years of experience with VMware vSphere, vRealize Suite, VCF
- 2+ years of experience with VMware Workspace ONE
- 2+ years of experience with Cisco networking
- BA/BS (Additional Education, Certifications, Training or Work experience can be substituted for the Degree or Work Experience.)
- DOD 8570 Level III
- MCSE with Server Infrastructure or Private Cloud concentration
- Any Cloud related certifications
- 2 or more cloud related certifications
- ITIL Certification
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.