GE Source Modeler
GE Source Modeler
Apex Systems is a global IT services provider, and our staffing practice has an opening in the Utilities space for a GE Source Modeler with strong testing experience with EMS and SCADA to place at our client.
Terms: 4–5-month contract
Application Process: It is best to apply via the medium on which you are seeing this posting. If you encounter technical difficulties submitting your resume, please send a Word version of your resume to Johanna at [email protected]
- Our client seeks to engage modeling specialists who will work as an integral part of the Data Services and NMS Application Support teams within OT Operations, to prepare Source for modeling of EMP databases, validate the integrity of databases produced by Source.
- The candidate will primarily focus on modelling and will provide the modeling capacity required to ensure success of the Source application cutover (Network Model Manager) and upgraded EMS system cutover.
- HONI needs specialists with expertise in the GE’s Source product, in-depth knowledge of all Source functionality.
- Person with experience modeling in NETMOM and SCADAMOM databases is a great asset.
- Familiarity building and maintaining WebFG displays is also desirable.
- Professional-level documentation and commitment to quality are expected.
- Senior application and data specialists will provide experiential knowledge of the existing internal applications and modeling processes, and guidance throughout the implementation phase.
The candidate will:
- Work with the Application Manager or their designate to arrange and test remote access to internal systems and data.
- Work with the Test Manager and the GE Project Manager or their designates to setup required DUO multi-factor authentication (MFA), to arrange and test remote access to the GE Hosted DEV system used for development and Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), and to arrange access to the GE qTest test management tool, and to the GE GrIP defect management tool.
- Accept invitation to join GitLab.com group and create GitLab account, installing the required MFA app on their own mobile device.
- Using a web conferencing service (when remote), participate in introductory meeting with the Application Manager, and Data Services Manager, and Modeling workstream lead.
- As a member of the Modeling workstream, participate in regular remote stand-up meetings expected to occur once or twice weekly, to plan the work to be performed, and track progress.
- Working with the Client OT Operations team and GE personnel, review existing NMM design documentation to understand data flows and associated processes, comment on modeling requirements in GitLab, and contribute to ongoing document reviews relating to modeling. Contribute to development and documentation of modeling processes for use in subsequent training sessions for our client’s personnel.
- Work with designated technical specialists and actively participate in planning, tracking, and reporting on progress of work.
- Develop and conduct functional tests of Source during Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Site Acceptance Testing (SAT), System Integration Testing (SIT), and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Help the Test Manager to expand the Microsoft Project schedule detailing Source testing milestones and tasks with estimated start dates and durations, predecessors, and dependencies. Using GitLab, provide feedback on Source modeling and testing progress.
- Working with the OT Operations team, review the existing modeling processes, and develop/refine modeling processes suitable for Source.
- Perform Source testing and validation for EMP 2.6 modeling.
- Coordinate with the external modeling team to incorporate external modeling processes into regular model sustainment processes using Source.
- Provide support, encouragement, advice, as well and technical training where possible.
- Hands-on experience in Energy Management System solutions, relational database application design is required.
- Expertise in managing the GE Digital product-suite for Energy Management System (EMS) will be a great asset.
- Experience in software product development and project delivery experience is desirable.
- Experience managing the full software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Extensive experience with different Modeling products may also work if experience with GE modelling tool is limited.
- Prior experience testing of energy management systems (EMS/SCADA) would be an asset.
- Experience with development of SCADA Displays would be an asset.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.