Cyber Security Engineer
Our client is looking for a Cyber Security Engineer serving as an Information Security generalist with a focus on Red Team Operations and Disaster Recovery. If you are someone with 3-5 years in cyber security and have proven experience in disaster recovery this role may be for you.
- Discover and document security gaps found through data analytics and sanctioned penetration testing.
- Generate recommendations to close identified security gaps.
- Plan and action security recommendations to completion.
- Expand and enhance the company’s existing incident handling and disaster recovery playbooks and plans.
- Facilitate and participate in tabletop exercises focused on various threats and response initiatives.
- Provide security-focused product evaluations, selection, recommendations, and implementation.
- Propose opportunities to improve recovery results based on targeted or continuous assessment.
- Recommend and assist with the implementation of internal/external security policies, testing, education, and remediation actions.
- Develop and apply automated investigation and remediation solutions.
- Learn and participate in other cybersecurity roles as needed.
- Promote learning and education of cyber resiliency practices and procedures within the organization.
- Increase awareness of cyber security threats to inform action with stakeholders.
- Remediate and recover from threats as needed.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in IT/Infosec Administration with at least 2 of those being focused on Disaster Recovery.
- Hands-on experience with IT disaster recovery; particularly recovering Azure Active Directory.
- Previous experience in business continuity or resilience planning for large enterprises.
- Securing enterprise and manufacturing IT environment.
- Experience with data governance and compliance.
- Professional competencies in writing to support documentation and process management.
- Awareness of core cyber security threats, specifically those that impact data integrity and accessibility strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and analysis
- Minimum of 5 years IT experience with at least 3 of those being in an IT security role
- Previous experience developing and implementing business continuity, disaster recovery, or resilience plans for large enterprises
- Practiced knowledge of penetration testing in a Windows and Linux environment
- Experience with the Microsoft suite of cloud-based security tools including Microsoft Sentinel and Defender
- Active Directory and Azure administration experience with an emphasis on recovery of such environments
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with Windows operating systems
- Ability to be on call 24/7 if needed
- Availability to travel on short notice for possible extended periods of time if a company disaster or significant service disruption/security incident is declared
- US Citizenship
- Current passport and the ability to travel outside of the United States
- Fluent in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a WFH environment as part of a small, tight-knit team
- Superior attention to detail
- Superb organizational and time-management skills to achieve project deadlines
- Experience working across business units throughout a large organization
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to establish effective relationships with people in a multi-cultural, multi-language environment
If you feel like you would be a good fit for this position please email your resume to the following address: [email protected]
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.