Engineer- Construction - III
Telecom Construction Manager - Transport
Location: HYBRID Chicago, IL (2 days on site, Tues & Wed)
Length: Long term contract 2.5 Years
-Develop, engineer, order and implement equipment requirements necessary to integrate cell site equipment and peripherals.
-Work with, schedule, and/or administer the Bid walks, Purchase Orders and equipment ordering and receiving processes, CATS along with developing Work Orders, Scope of Work (SOW) and Method of Procedures (MOP) for each project.
-Manage construction activities related to the development of multiple, simultaneous Network infrastructure projects.
-Provide financial management of projects from initial proposal/bid through receipt of final product or service including.
-Daily activities include schedule and financial management as well as interfacing with vendors via calls and meetings.
-Work closely with all engineering groups within the Network team including RF design, real estate, construction, operations, inventory control, transport and system performance.
-Work closely with vendors to integrate the equipment within a timely schedule and in a cost effective manner.
-Initiate and coordinate the investigation, test and evaluation of new and more effective equipment.
- Provide input for budget and implementation of regional and area planning.
-Develop methods/procedures for equipment tracking and Cell Site equipment design layout.
-Manage construction segment of Interconnect (Transport) projects
-Focus conduit work from initial site design visit through completed drawings to support dark fiber deployments.
-Drawing review for civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical feasibility; value engineering, zoning related details, survey work, Phase 1/2 environmental, certification, Construction signoff, and change order management.
-Coordinating bid walks, awarding projects to GC, create purchase orders, monitoring progress, generate status updates.
-Evaluate new products, services, and vendors.
* Must have attention to detail, sense of urgency and wireless network (cell site) construction experience as well as technical aptitude with computers to navigate tools.
* 7+ years of experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry
* 5+ years of telecom specific experience in construction field, focusing on conduit deployments and fiber related solutions.
* Ability to explain construction issues by working with other departments, and understanding the impact of their job to the overall business
* Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access
* Excellent analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Superior organizational and project planning skills
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; listen attentively; integrating large volumes of information from multiple sources
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE :
- Fiber conduit install experience for telco access from ROW to cell site
-Ability to read and interpret construction drawings to allow GC bids to occur
-Knowledge of Site walk criteria for evaluating cost effective conduit solutions
-Manage field GCs to meet install timelines to support business needs
Experience with FUZE a HUGE plus!
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.