Job Title: ICAM Platform Systems Engineer
Location: Springfield, VA- 2 weeks on-site for training, then fully remote. Must be local to Springfield, VA.
Duration: Long Term
Clearance Requirements: Must be able to obtain/maintain a Secret level clearance
Responsibilities include: Execute the duties and responsibilities as a senior member of the Dept. of State ICAM operations team. Provide senior level engineering design and operations support to provide enterprise-level solutions using physical and virtual networking technologies, server hosting, and storage solutions. Provide white papers for technical systems solutions and incremental roadmaps. The systems architect will have daily interactions with government clients related to meeting technical requirements for Data Center and Overseas infrastructure initiatives. Domain knowledge and technical decision-making will have a critical impact on overall project implementation and execution.
- Architect, engineer, and deploy hosting solutions for ICAM systems (SailPoint & Radiant Logic) supporting 100K+ users.
- Work with customers to determine their functional needs.
- Translate customer needs into hardware/software requirements.
- Provide technical direction for project team throughout SDLC.
- Assist in the development of Enterprise policies and directives.
- Provide Tier III support to deployed systems.
- Participate in functional or user acceptance testing to ensure final product meets intent of customer's needs.
- Review and document functionality of existing legacy applications.
- Create technical specifications and white papers as required.
- Communicate regularly to government POCs regarding project activities and status.
- Plan, research, evaluate and recommend new equipment and related technologies.
- Develop contingency plans for infrastructure related software/hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
- Bachelor’s degree in an information technology or related field or 10 years of progressive, related experience plus graduate level courses; or Master’s degree or equivalent graduate degree and 7 years related experience in network management.
- Knowledge of Data Center Architecture’s and designs for large scale Data Centers
- Knowledge and experience with Large Scale Storage Area Network Systems (Design, Build, Operate)
- Knowledge and experience with VMware (Design, Build, Operate)
- Knowledge of Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of Microsoft File Systems, Operating Systems and Applications
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft OS and Wintel systems
- Systems Engineering background with understanding of Cloud Computing Reference Architecture
- Top Secret clearance
- Knowledge of Integrated Converged Stack infrastructure (i.e. VCE Vblock, FlexPod)
- Knowledge of IP Networking VPN’s, switching, and routing
- OKTA certification
- Experience designing, deploying and operating SailPoint and Radiant Logic based ICAM systems
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.