Apex Systems is seeking a CVML Engineer for a cutting edge team based in Des Moines, IA. If interested, please submit your resume to Hunter Vogt at [email protected]
Des Moines, IA
We are seeking a highly skilled and energetic CVML Engineer in pursuit of bringing computer vision-enabled solutions to applications in construction. As part of this team you will be responsible for designing, developing and deploying the model into production software systems that operate on embedded systems in large industrial equipment. An ideal candidate for this role will enjoy a fast-paced environment and to deliver product functionality in a challenging environment that makes a real impact in the world.
- MSCS/EE or relevant field
- 2+ years experience designing and developing software for complex systems
- 1+ years developing large (>5M parameters) deep learning, multi-class segmented, neural net solutions for computer vision applications.
- Proven experience developing Linux applications
- Experience/Proficiency in most of these: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Kubeflow, C/C++,Python
- Own work streams and complex technical decisions supporting the success of the program
- Comfortable working on new hardware systems
- Experience integrating external devices like cameras or GNSS receivers
- Experience using image processing with tools such as OpenCV and Matlab Image Processing Toolbox
- Experience working with large (>100,000) image data sets
- Have taken a ML model to production
- Work closely with Engineering/Product Managers to develop paths for meaningful technical work plans
- Distribute workload and proactively reallocate resources to support delivering on plans and commitments. Ensure an appropriate technical workload for each member on the team.
- Excellent brainstorming, creative thinking, mathematical analysis, and communication skills
- Inspire and motivate the team to work together as a cohesive and productive unit
- Help attract, develop, mentor and retain a diversity of talent, providing technical direction
- Track record of regularly anticipating technical issues and making architectural and design decisions to avoid them
- Ensures Team adherence and delivery of schedule/deliverable expectations, work plans and performance requirements. Supports team adherence to budget.
- Frequently interact with Business Leaders and engineering/product colleagues to provide and share knowledge of Computer Vision & Machine Learning.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.