Sr Java Developer
The position is responsible for providing ongoing maintenance and support of complex Java applications and developing enhancements to an application supported within our department. The group exists to provide support to promote healthy pregnancies, good birth outcomes, and healthy infants. The program exists to help identify children with hearing loss. Changes are being made to enhance the stability and functionality of these systems. The resource is integral to developing and maintaining the applications, automated processes, streamlining critical business processes, data integrity, SEM/SUITE compliance, and securing the applications. The resource also performs as a technical lead and provides technical guidance to the other developers in the department. As a technical lead, the resource participates in a variety of analytical assignments that provide for the enhancement, integration, maintenance, and implementation of projects. The resource also provides technical oversight to developers in the team that support other critical applications . Not having a resource on staff will lead to keep using the system as is with a lot of work arounds. Which are time consuming and pose might pose security risk.
• 10+ years developing complex computer systems using Java.
• 10+ years developing complex computer systems using java IDEs such as Eclipse,STS
• 8+ years programming using Java JEE Struts Framework
• 10+ years programming in SQL and/or PL/SQL.
• 8+ years programming using Java JEE Spring/SpringBoot Framework 3.0.
• 8+ years of development using Hibernate/JPA framework.
• Over 5+ years programming in the JBOSS Enterprise SOA environment including JBOSS Workflow .
• Over 5+ years using CMM/CMMI Level 3 methods and practices.
• Over 5+ years implemented agile development processes including test driven development.
• Over 3+ years Experience or Knowledge on creating CI/CD pipelines using Azure Devops- Nice to have
• Develop business application components using Object Oriented java/JEE technologies, design principles .
• Design and develop RESTful Web Services using Spring Web MVC framework.
• Design, Develop and maintain applications using Apache Struts framework.
• Ability to implement design patterns like Intercepting Filter, Front Controller, Session Façade, DAO, Singleton, and Service Locator
• Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC) including experience in gathering requirements and writing functional/technical specifications for complex projects.
• Excellent knowledge in designing both logical and physical database model
• Develop database objects including stored procedures, functions,
• Troubleshoots issues using SQL, PL/SQL scripts
• Experience tuning SQL queries and scripts
• Hands on experience Integrating software components into a fully functional software system
• Extensive knowledge on source control tools such as GIT
• Experience on Build Frameworks like Maven, maintain source code using source control, and baseline software versions and build war files for deployments
• Experience developing with application servers Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web Sphere,Openshift Container
• Develop software design documents and work with stakeholders for review and approval.
• Experience developing, prototypes, mockup for users review and approval.
• Exposure to flowcharts, screen layouts and documentation to ensure logical flow of the system requirements
• Experience working on large agile projects.
• Experience with Java 8, SOAP Web-Services and Java Messaging Service (JMS) API.
• Experience with Spring Boot Projects, Spring Data, Spring Batch, Spring Security frameworks.
• Good to have knowledge of Apache Kafka, Apache Spark and ActiveMQ broker.
• Experience in Database Design in Oracle and SQL server.
• Experience or Knowledge on creating CI/CD pipelines using Azure Devops
• Design, develop and maintain BI reporting solutions using Business Objects and Oracle Discoverer.
• Extensive experience in Oracle database logical and physical design.
• Develop PL/SQL Procedures, Functions, Packages and Job Scheduling.
• Experience in Electronic Health Records(EHR) HL7 solutions.
• Experience in 5010 EDI X12 healthcare claims processing solutions.
• Experience in SIGMA payment processing type solutions.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.