OSP Inspector - II
Apex Systems, the Nation’s 2nd largest Technical Staffing and Services Firm, has openings for OSP Inspector with a Fortune 500 Company in El Paso, Texas Contract Position! *If you are interested in this role, please email your resume and to [email protected]
Job Title: OSP Inspector
Location: El Paso, Texas
- Position oversees, inspects, and monitors contractual field work, which includes excavations, boring, placement of hand-holes, aerial strand and fiber cable installation, grounding, and monitoring restoration (sod, etc) of work areas per standards
- Schedules work and inspection phases with Market Vendor contractor(s), superintendent, and agency personnel.
- Advises contractors of violations and recommends adjustments to work operations
- Maintains project notes, which include daily diaries, etc.
- Validates as-built and project closeout documentation to confirm any red-line changes have been incorporated into the final design and that all project completion requirements are met.
- Validates, in conjunction with local engineering, that invoiced unit quantities align with construction activities in the field
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the telecommunications industry
- Experience in the construction field with specific focus on fiber optic network deployment (i.e. fiber technician, inspector).
- Preference for candidates with outside plant engineering and fiber optic network construction experience.
- Detailed knowledge of construction work prints interpretation and municipal permit application review required.
- Must have experience communicating and working with General Contractors (GC) (i.e. communicating with GC where they are at in the project, timeline, etc.).
- Preferred candidate will have working knowledge of 3GIS, Google Earth or other industry standard geospatial applications.
- General computer application skills required (MSOffice applications, Adobe, GSuite, etc).
Must have and maintain a valid state driver's license with a satisfactory driving record
Must follow established safety practices and guidelines.
- Must adhere to strict regulations and procedures for the security of Verizon property.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.