OSP Road Inspector
***If interested in the opportunity below please email a copy of your resume to [email protected]***
Position: OSP Road Inspector
Location: Durham, NC
12 Month Rolling Contract
Project Details – Size, Scale, Scope?
- FTTH build is expanding in the area.
- Client needs an inspector on site to travel to each project to inspect the work and make sure the 3rd party construction crews are completing the work on time.
Day to Day Responsibilities/typical day look like:
- This individual will help ensure the timely completion of the OSP projects being constructed. Report to the FTR Engineering and/or Construction department; their role will be to provide feedback to the Construction Manager(s) for reporting about OSP construction progress highlighting any issues impacting progress toward achieving the target schedules.
- They will help meet the build schedule and ensure the quality of work meets the expected standard.
- This will require adequate on-site inspections to verify work standards are being met and if there are deficiencies, they will highlight these to the FTR Construction Manager and as required to the Construction vendor for correction.
What are the top 3 MUST HAVE technologies or Required experience of the position?
- Strong experience in working with underground and pole mounted utility installations to include fiber optic, copper cable, and electrical
- FTTH experience
- Supervisory capability with experience in utility construction.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Organizational skills, materials management and strong communications skills
- Recent telecom background
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.