To apply email a Word format resume to Tatiana at [email protected]
Title: NOC Technician
Job #: 1370036
Location: Onsite; 12012 N Mopac Expwy Austin, TX 78758
Background Check Required
Currently seeking a NOC Technician, Commercial for our Technology and Network Operations Division. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Executes routine and documented functions in a technical area.
- Performs 24/7 shift-coverage network surveillance or basic triage based on fundamental technical concepts
- Escalate complex or undocumented issues to higher level technical resources (Sr. Technicians and Engineers).
- Collaborates with other groups and may communicate issues or project status.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Ability to monitor in the Commercial Networks
- Experience with Devices populated in the NOC Monitoring Tools
- Provides service monitoring, assurance and reliability for carrier / commercial customers
- Customer driven with an understanding of MSA/SLA requirements
- Knowledge of commercial / carrier services
- Cell Tower Back-Haul or Commercial experience preferred
- Preferred experience with Juniper, Alcatel, Cisco, Adva, and JSDU equipment
- Basic understanding of Optical, TDM, Ethernet, MPLS, and IP routing
- Fundamental understanding of fault isolation and troubleshooting
- Previous monitoring or provisioning role in Engineering or Technical Operations
- Working knowledge of Maintenance, Service, and Installation
- Effective communication skills with previous event management experience
- Preferred experience with: Adva FSP NM, Spirent, JDSU QT, JDSU Centest.
General Job Requirements:
- Must possess good/excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective inter-personal and problem solving skills
- Possess basic problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Capability to use email, ticketing systems, web portals and technology-specific diagnostic tools.
- Ability to read and follow documented processes and procedures.
- Comprehension of fundamental technical concepts.
- Becomes familiar with TWC products and services.
Familiarity with the following systems/tools/devices:
- High Speed Data, Digital Video, VOD, Switch, and Networking (including LAN/WAN)
- Open System Interconnect (OSI) Model and Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, RIP, EiGRP, IGRP)
- Multi System Operator (MSO) and/or Telecom technologies
- Hybrid Fiber-Coax (HFC), Customer Premise Equip (CPE) Devices used in Cable
- Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Config Protocol (DHCP) & email systems
- Element Management Systems (e.g., CISCO CTM/CTC, AlcatelSAM) and other tools like NetAnalyst.
- Inventory tools (Granite, Nakina)
- Monitoring tools (Netcool, Big Brother, HP Openview, Spectrum or Unified)
- Ticketing systems (Remedy & XMatter (aka AlarmPoint)
- Cable MSO Billing systems (ICOMS, CSG)
- Microsoft Office and Visio
CCNA or JNCIP Certification a plus.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.