Schedule: M-F 8am-5pm (40 hrs/week)
The main function of a laboratory technician is to conduct chemical and physical property laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, and gaseous materials. The chemical technician will work in an experimental lab on research and development projects including hands on wet bench chemistry, chemicals handling, preparation of solutions/dilutions as well as routine analytical characterization and data analysis.
Environment: The lab has 12 principal researchers, and generally 2-3 laboratory technicians. The candidate must be able to work as a part of a team and will typically report to 3-4 principal investigators over the course of their tenure.
• Monitor product quality to ensure compliance to standards and specifications.
• Set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests, and analyses using techniques such as chromatography, titration, spectroscopy, physical and chemical separation techniques, and microscopy.
• Conduct chemical and physical property laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, and gaseous materials.
• Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses.
• Provide technical support and assistance to chemists and engineers.
• Prepare chemical solutions for products and processes following standardized formulas or create experimental formulas.
• Maintain, calibrate, operate, clean, and sterilize laboratory instruments and equipment.
• Write technical reports or prepare graphs and charts to document experimental results.
• Inventory materials to maintain supplies.
• Properly and safely handle, label, and dispose of chemical samples.
• Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem-solving ability.
• Detail oriented scientist able to work as part of an effective team.
• Basic knowledge of safe chemical handling, chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the processes and transformations that they undergo.
• Basic knowledge of wet chemistry techniques: measuring, mixing, calculations, titrations, density, viscosity, dilution, etc.
• Candidates will be trained on atomic absorption (AA) spectrometer. If the candidate has used this instrumentation prior, that would be a plus.
• Candidate may receive training in microbiology laboratory techniques.
• Basic software skills including MS Office programs and Teams; additional software/digital application training will be provided as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry required.
• 0-2 years of experience required.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.