Environmental Lab Tech
Apex Systems is looking for Environmental Lab Technicians for IMMEDIATE HIRE in the environmental testing industry. This position is very hands-on and provides extensive training on all testing methods and instruments used on site.
Title: Lab Tech
Location: East Liverpool, OH
Week 1 Monday - Friday 6am - 230pm
Week 2 Thursday and Friday 2:30pm - 12am , Saturday and Sunday 9am - 9pm
Week 3 Tuesday - Friday 6am - 4pm
Week 4 Monday - Thursday 2pm - 12am
Week 5 Sunday - Wednesday 2pm - 12am
- Responsible for testing of both organic and inorganic environmental samples. This includes, but is not limited to, sample prep, running both wet chemistry testing, as well as analytical instrumentation testing.
- Receive reports from instrumentation and interpret results, as well as thoroughly document all testing results.
- Involved with calibration and preventative maintenance of instruments and lab equipment as well
- Responsibilities will include wet chemistry bench testing, as well as bomb calorimetry and microwave digestion testing.
- Perform both organic and inorganic analytical testing, specifically IC, ICP, GC, GC-MS and TOC.
- Candidates will be given extensive analytical instrumentation training through a focused training program, though candidates must have at minimum an AS degree in the sciences.
- This is a fast paced lab processing a larger volume of samples per day, but testing can be repetitive.
- Following a number of specific SOPs related to testing methods and protocols.
- Sample prep and getting samples ready for processing, instrument calibration and preventative maintenance, loading analytical equipment and running various samples, reading instrument reports, etc.
- Evaluating testing data to determine any out of specification results.
- Interested candidates must be open to working both 1st and 2nd shift, as well as one weekend a month.
- Ensure safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Minimum of BS in Chemistry, Biology, Physics or a closely related field.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, proportions, percentages, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to details when following client created SOWs and working with results and documentation
- Strong organizational skills when working with lab results and putting together lab reports
- Ensure laboratory and testing compliance at all times.
- Must be able to participate in multi-department teams.
**For immediate consideration please send an updated copy of your resume to Megan at [email protected] with “Lab Tech East Liverpool, Ohio” in the subject line**
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.