Remote Senior Network Administrator
The role of the Senior Network Administrator reports to the Technology Services Manager. This position will provide advanced design, implementation, support, maintenance, and monitoring of the enterprise network infrastructure. This position will work closely with Technology leadership to establish network services best practices, standards, and procedures necessary to maintain a robust and reliable network, sustain exceptional reliability and availability, and plan for future growth. Candidates must possess advanced enterprise level networking knowledge and experience in a Cisco environment and be able to integrate well and mentor within the admin team. Job focus includes involvement in multiple team projects, successful completion of assigned projects and tasks, and collaborating with senior admins and management for strategic planning.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Organize and manage multiple projects and demands
- Gather, summarize, and present technical findings
- Lead and assist on enterprise-wide network system deployments and upgrades, including planning, testing, and rollout
- Knowledge of change control procedures and documentation
- Work closely with Information Security team to ensure network safety and compliance
- Contribute to development of and adherence to process and procedures
- Keep abreast of current and emerging networking technologies to provide innovative forward-looking solutions
- Provide mentorship and training to the technical team and recommendations to management
- Work directly with vendors and suppliers
- Assist in design and implementation of networking best practices to make the network more redundant, reliable, robust, and secure
- Advanced switch and router configuration expertise including routing protocols, VLAN’s, port channels, switchport configuration, etc.
- Advanced wireless network configuration expertise including controllers, AP’s, wireless tuning and testing, security, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced firewall and security appliance configuration including ACLs, VPN, IPSec tunnels, authentication protocols, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced support for VoIP and analog telephony including faxing, voice gateways, ATA’s, SIP, Cisco IP phone platform
- Datacenter administration: power and cooling, racking, copper and fiber cabling and testing
- Knowledge of common networking and monitoring tools
- Knowledge of network segmentation best practices
- Support for storage level networking (SAN, NAS) including Fibre channel
- Education: High school diploma or GED, Associate or Bachelor’s degree in networking, IT technology, or similar preferred.
- Licensure and Certifications: CCNA or CCNP required.
- Experience: Minimum six (6) years’ experience in relevant technology fields and technical enterprise roles. Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a Senior Network administrator role or equivalent
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.