Technician-NRB - I
***If interested in the opportunity below please email a copy of your resume in a word document to [email protected]***
Position: Network Repair Technician
Location: Southlake, TX or Branchburg, NJ
The Network Repair Bureau (NRB) is seeking driven and highly motivated Engineers to join our team. This position is responsible for centralized troubleshooting of customer issues as well as the operation and the management of the Verizon Wireless’ Network. As a part of a highly visible team where we provide 24x7 support, you are accountable for ensuring high network availability and attainment of service levels. You will learn and apply new technical skills to support the interdepartmental objectives including: effectively communicating and escalating network issues to ensure quick resolution; utilizing a network management system to detect network events; and creating trouble tickets to document issues. You’ll also have opportunities for career growth as you learn and apply new skills with various technologies to support the organization's objectives.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Performing triage, fault isolation and remediation of Network events.
- Developing your professional skills and technical knowledge through on the job experience and training.
- Partnering with senior engineers to provide timely and accurate technical assistance to our internal and external customers.
- Applying acquired technical knowledge to monitor and troubleshoot issues, ensuring the health of the network while working closely with external and internal organizations
- Providing on-demand support to eliminate unexpected service impacts to our customers based on the needs of the business. (Our customers may include customer service centers, technical support organizations, and executive management teams during network events and major outages.)
What we’re looking for…
- You’re a motivated self-starter and quick learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You meet all new challenges with a commitment to quality and team collaboration. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments.
You’ll need to have:
- One or more years of work experience or Bachelor’s degree.
- Willingness to work a rotating schedule (shifts) including weekends and holidays based on the needs of the business.
- Ability to problem solve and think analytically.
- Experience working in a customer service setting.
- Experience in MS Windows, Microsoft Office, Gmail.
- Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or any other related discipline
- Knowledge of LTE networks and 4G to 5G technologies.
- Experience in troubleshooting and/or telecommunications.
- Knowledge of Cloud and Virtualized solutions (OpenStack/ VMWare).
- Network certifications
- Experience in computer support experience, including troubleshooting PC hardware and configurations.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, dynamic environment and adjust to priority changes
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
Candidates will be expected to work from our Southlake, TX or Branchburg, NJ location.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.