IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer / Desktop Support - Rockport, IN
PC Desktop support technician, some printer support. Networking background a plus (Cable termination, Cisco Switches, VoIP phones, Meraki Access Points, Yodeck)
- Location : Rockport, Indiana (Onsite)
- Assignment Type – 6 month contract to hire
- Shift: M-F, 8am-5 pm (40 hours a week)
If interested please reach out to Richard Pinapfel at [email protected]
Responsible for executing specific technology assignments related to support, maintenance, analysis and troubleshooting of end user technology, servers, and switches at the office and plant environments. Provide exceptional customer service and training to end-users as requested. Document all work done in our ticketing system. Manage printers including troubleshooting, setup, installation, and maintenance. Support conference room equipment and mobile devices (i.e., smart phones and tablets).
- Accepts and/or creates support tickets and works to resolve application, pc system, server, network, and various other technology issues.
- Troubleshoots pc hardware, places warranty calls, and performs minor hardware repair and maintenance.
- Provides hands-on support for servers and switches as necessary under the guidance of the enterprise Server and Network Teams.
- Collaborates and provides guidance to other team members where able.
- Troubleshoots operating system and application issues while documenting the resolution or escalating where appropriate. Corresponding work to be documented within Remedyforce and should reflect the guidelines implemented by Service Delivery staff.
- Responsible for site support ticket management, follow-up, and time management.
- Quickly and effectively troubleshoots technical issues in person and remotely, utilizing existing tools.
- Commissions equipment including laptops, desktops, peripherals, mobile devices, and local printers.
- Monitors desktop technology, operating systems, and applications systems (desktop and server based) along with all associated data.
- Creation and deployment of software packages and reporting through the desktop management system (SCCM).
- Support and troubleshoot mobile devices (i.e., smart phones, tablets, other handheld technologies).
- Inventory management and tracking
- Makes suggestions to management on potential improvements in processes and standards.
- Off Hours support for critical incidents
- Additional responsibilities as identified and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in a technical field with:
- Active Directory
- Server and Network administration
- Desktop technologies
- Wireless technologies
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
- A+ certification
- Network + certification
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Windows 10 Enterprise
- Microsoft Office 365
- Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, OneNote
- Email Outlook
- VPN Global Protect Prisma
- MFA OKTA
- Antivirus Sentinel One
- Encryption Bitlocker
- Inventory Snow
- Deployment SCCM, Software Center
- Ticketing Remedy Force
- Mobile Mgmt inTune
- Hardware HP / Dell / Lenovo
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.