Infrastructure Engineer Senior
The Information Security group at Freddie Mac has an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone who is interested in bringing their passion, dedication, and expertise to support the Information Security Event Management team. You will support engineering efforts to design, build and maintain a new Splunk SaaS platform and support expansion of security log collection across a large hybrid environment.
* Act as a Splunk Subject Matter Expert on an established team
* Implement approved Splunk SaaS architecture and design
* Support and maintain high availability for SaaS Splunk deployments
* Maintain Splunk architectural diagrams and documentation
* Troubleshoot complex integration challenges and configuration issues
* Seek opportunities for automation and integration of various tools and services
* Support onboarding activities and maintenance on a wide variety of data sources that include various OS, appliances, and application logs
* 4+ years of experience with deploying, configuring, and performing functional testing and data validation in a Splunk environment
* Experience implementing Splunk installations from the ground up, including various server roles (Search Head, Indexers, Heavy Forwarders and Universal Forwarders, etc.)
* Must have advanced knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems, and cloud technologies
* Preferred certifications: Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin, CISSP, AWS/GCP/Azure, GMON
* Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
* Ability to work independently, as well as on a team of individuals with variety of skills and backgrounds
* Innovative in providing solutions as well as new challenges
* Detail oriented
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.