- Responsible for analyzing and translating business, information, and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Provides expertise and standards to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for projects and applications.
- Responsible for the technology roadmap and direction for the application(s).
- Facilitates the establishment and implementation of application and solutions architecture standards, policies, and procedures for the organization. Ensures adherence to company architectural guidelines, principles, and standards in all project milestones and deliverables.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves problems relating to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Assists project teams in requirements gathering and reviews. Gathers Non-functional requirements that meet performance, scalability, reliability, and security needs.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends new technologies and techniques and solutions to solve business problems.
- Works with various customers and prospects, understands and translates business use cases and/or requirements into solutions across multiple platforms.
- Exhibits specialized business knowledge and leverages strong customer relationships. Partners with Product Owners to elicit business needs and outcomes.
- Collaborates with the portfolio/program and domain architects to make design/architectural decisions for the application.
- Leads the work of others (trains, mentors, delegates, prioritizes, and reviews assignments).
- Provides technical guidance to project team areas as appropriate.
- May have responsibility for performance and coaching of staff and may have a participatory role in decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance management for direct reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Field of Study: Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related discipline
- Experience: 10 or more years of related experience
- Java development experience
- Groovy development experience
- Spring Boot framework experience
- SQL experience
- Python development experience
- Django framework experience
- C# development experience
- HTML5 experience
- Angular experience
- jQuery and/or jQueryUI library experience
- Oracle and/or SQL Server experience
- RabbitMQ message-broker experience
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems:
- Prepares detailed design specifications from which programs will be written.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains application programs.
- Consults with users or other IT Professionals to resolve issues with programs.
- Contributes to the development of project plans and timelines.
- Provides estimates for planned work.
- Exhibits expert business knowledge and leverages strong customer relationships.
- Guides the development of the team in overall application technology design activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.