Project Manager - Senior
Project Manager - Senior Information Technology for Workday Testing Lead
Location: Providence, RI
*All interested and qualified candidates can please contact Schuyler Moose at [email protected]
CLIENT is seeking an experienced Senior Information Technology Project Manager for the role of Workday Testing Lead. This position will manage all aspects of the Testing workstream to support the State’s implementation of Workday HCM, Payroll and Finance by developing and execution of a testing strategy, test planning, test case scenarios, and successfully navigating test execution to ensure functional needs are met.
The individual will collaborate on defining and executing the testing strategy and plan with the System Integrator's support. Coordinates testing activities including test scenario creation and test execution in collaboration with the System Integrator, including but not limited to working with testers for execution assignments, defect creation and resolution, testing status reporting, conducting routine testing calls.
The Workday testing lead and resources will collaborate with the Project Management Office, system integrator, business leads, strategic vendors, state technology resources and interface partners as defined and required, to deliver quality testing procedures and results, in an Agile development environment.
This role requires close partnership and collaboration with Functional Configuration Leads and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to understand business processes and develop a Test Strategy that ensures thorough and effective test coverage. As the Testing Lead you will provide technical direction of the testing team to include creation and execution of manual and automated test scripts as well as assuming responsibility for the creation and execution of quality metrics.
Analyze, evaluate, create functionality from, test, and maintain technical specifications for sustainable testing suite of application, including UI, process, reports, interfaces/integrations, etc., for HCM, Payroll and Financial.
- Act a key partner on behalf of CLIENT for the third-party testing partner engaged for the project implementation.
- Develop and execute an overall Testing Strategy defining the testing, purposes, responsibilities, guidelines, schedule, and other information specific to each round of testing.
- Create Test Plans for each phase of testing detailing tenant setup, data prep, data validation, roles & responsibilities, smoke testing, unit testing, parallel testing, test execution, dress rehearsals, entry/exit criteria, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling all testing phases to include End to End, Payroll Parallel, User Experience Testing, Regression Testing, Dress Rehearsals, etc.
- Governance and oversight of all testing phases
- Engage in review of configuration workbooks and application configurations to assess tenant readiness for each test phase.
- Prioritize and sequence test scenarios with support from vendor consultants and project Leads.
- Act as escalation point of contact for all defects.
- Provide overall testing metrics/report for each testing phase.
- Ensure project has appropriate regression test plans for Workday Releases while in implementation.
- Facilitate the coordination of data across test steps within scenarios.
- Work with the project team to schedule testing sessions and coordinate/monitor assignments and progress.
- Report weekly statistics of testing progress.
- Oversee all test execution activities including defect management, troubleshooting and resolution.
- Conduct a daily testing de-brief during key testing activities to review progress and set the agendas and objectives for the following day.
- As the Test Lead Manager, work with the Program and Project Managers as needed on other project priorities, such as issue prioritization, data analysis, and project support.
- Advanced skills working with customers, including excellent communication skills with all levels of business as well as IT staff.
- Document business rule scenarios and decision trees for interfaces. Proven ability to produce quality deliverables effectively and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Develop and execute test plans, both internal plans and those provided by interface partners, for quality assurance.
- Understanding of testing tools, unit testing, integration test scripting, manual and automated regression testing, and testing methodologies.
- Develop SQL queries to validate test results, log defects, and retest as needed to bring to successful completion.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of hands-on testing experience in data and Workday as a Testing Lead.
- 3+ years of related Workday experience with functional knowledge in HCM, Absence Management, Compensation, Benefits, Learning, Merit, Onboarding, Payroll Processing, Performance Management, Recruiting, Reports, Talent Acquisition, Time Tracking, and other workstreams as needed.
- Experience with a full life-cycle Workday Implementation.
- Data Analysis: Ability to query data using SQL and BI Tools.
- Able to compare and identify data variances.
- Excel power user: Pivot tables, etc.
- Training and Change Management skills a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong ability to manage business relationships.
- Proactive, high attention to detail, with ability to meet aggressive deadlines with commitment to quality.
- Team player, willing to help where and when needed.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to identify root causes of issues and recommend resolutions.
Systems and tools used within the State’s project:
- Workday HCM, Payroll, Financials
- Oracle EBS 12
- VB.net [vb.net] in a client server environnent
- Microsoft Office and collaboration tools including Teams and SharePoint
- SOAP and REST
- Microsoft SQL Databases, SQL Server 2012+
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and SQL Server Management Studio to create and execute data inquiries and reports
- Software Configuration Management (SCM)
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.