Junior Financial Management Analyst
Title: Jr. Financial Management Analyst
Client Industry: Government Business Consulting and Services
US Government Clearance Required: Active Top Secret at minimum
Location: Lackland AFB located in San Antonio, TX - 100% onsite
Schedule: M-F 8am-5pm CST
Job Type: 6 month contract to hire
Interview Process: 1 round
Day to day will be implementing the new funding process with enhanced budget controls and acting as the middle man between the AF and US Cyber Command who is giving the funds (determining where funds should be allocated within the AF Cyber Group). The whole implementation is a new process, so lots of planning and coordinating at a high level along with identifying roadblocks.
- Perform assigned budget oversight, analysis, and execution tasks to meet the needs of Group. Tasks include, but are not limited to, civilian pay management and forecasting, travel oversight and support, current and prior year open document reviews, processing accounting adjustment vouchers, creating and maintaining the accounting structure in appropriate systems, developing annual execution plans and spend plans, supporting corporate process conduct, collecting and evaluating unfunded requirements, and overseeing and executing a reimbursable program.
- Perform and conduct data collection and analysis, including business case analysis, analysis of alternatives, cost-benefit analysis, financial impact analysis, government budget planning, expenditure tracking and reconciliation, cost allocation, and cost recovery. Additionally, must be able to generate and interpret all accounting system and program management reports for analysis and management oversight.
- Monitor the use and rate of expenditures of budgeted funds through continuing dialogue with program/project managers, senior leaders and their staff, review of written documents, and examination of accounting records.
- Assist in the development of budget estimates, financial plans, budget documentation and other budget formulation estimates for execution.
- Conduct research, identify, and analyze trends in the use of funds, and evaluates the effects of continuing changes in program plans and funding.
- Prepare a variety of reports covering the status of funds, expenses, and obligations as required by higher headquarters. Compares obligations and expenditures and identifies conditions of over or under obligation of funds. Support various execution reviews and budget planning (short and long term). Operate and improve on existing tools and models, build new financial models to analyze and reconcile program data plus forecast as necessary, and develop program reports and recommendations for improvements regarding the overall budget and execution process and strategic reporting capabilities.
- Provide financial closeout and reconciliation support.
- Collect, organize, and maintain financial data and documentation, reconcile obligations and disbursements, and verify accuracy of data in various financial and payment systems. Including maintaining and updating cost models, developing budget drills, and "what if analyses.
- Conduct research to assist with policy development and implementation.
- Assist with developing and implementing a plan to deploy Defense Agency Initiative (DAI) to 16 AF and subordinate units in support of cyber funding execution.
Must have skills/technologies:
- 2+ years of financial management experience in the DoD or with a DoD program as a contractor from a SI
- Data Analysis (will be dealing with different accounting systems from different locations and services)
- Ability to multitask with ease / detail oriented
Nice to haves’ skills/technologies:
- DoD Financial Management Certificate Level I-III
- Usage of DEAMS
- PMP certificate
- Understanding of Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution Process (PPBE)
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related Business related degrees
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.