Data Governance Lead
IT- Data Governance Lead
Apex Systems is a global IT services provider, and our staffing practice has an opening for a Data Governance Lead with 5 years’ experience in the data industry with 2 or more years focusing on data governance, with strong knowledge of data governance tools and experience with SQL and Big data skills, to place at our client an Enterprise Fleet Management company.
Client: Enterprise Fleet Management Company
Location: 3 days hybrid, Toronto, ON
Application Process: It is best to apply via the medium on which you are seeing this posting. If you encounter technical difficulties submitting your resume, please send a Word version of your resume to Cole Edwards at [email protected] . Please reference Data Governance Lead
- Support the development, application and deployment of data policies and processes and influence Business Units to adopt Data Governance best practices.
- Support data stakeholders in maintaining the Enterprise Data Catalog, Business Glossary and other associated metadata by facilitating the application of best practices, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure the application of Data Quality guidance and controls throughout the data lifecycle, with a focus on continuous data and process improvement.
- Prepare and deliver status updates on Data Quality by developing and updating an executive dashboard through the development and application of data-specific, industry-standard data KPIs.
- Certify that all the metadata entered in the Data Governance platform is correct and validated by the data owner (including Business Glossary definitions) and maintain an inventory of Data Controls and classifications.
- Contribute to the maintenance and ongoing evolution of data governance framework, policies, standards, and associated processes to support program objectives.
- Support the development and delivery of Data Steward training and internal accreditation and facilitate the adoption of enterprise DG tool by the business.
- Lead the development and delivery of internal data literacy training programs, as required.
- Collaborate with Businesses to ensure that data-related business requirements for governing data are clearly defined, communicated, well understood, and considered during project prioritization and planning.
- Lead various assessments across the enterprise to support compliance with Canadian, US and Mexican regulatory requirements.
- 5-7 years of experience in the data industry
- 2+ years towards delivering DG initiatives
- Post-Secondary education, preferably in Technology or Business Operations related fields
- Solid understanding of “Data Governance” as a data discipline and the theory behind it
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in Enterprise Data Management, DG practices, and DQ principles and methodologies.
- Experience with any Data Governance tools (e.g., Collibra, Talend, etc.)
- Intermediate SQL and Big Data skills are required to be successful in this role.
- Possess good business acumen and working collaboratively with senior business employees.
- Ability to adapt to change and to detect and respond to evolving business needs.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate technical issues clearly and concisely to a non-technical audience.
Interview Process: We are working exclusively with the hiring manager on this position. Interviews will take place the week of 09/18 and 09/25
This a great opportunity to join a large enterprise insurance firm, who has been recognized as a top employer and join a value led organization where you can bring your passion and ambition to the forefront.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.