Apex Systems is looking to hire a Project Scheduler for a top Utility Client.
*For immediate consideration, please email Rebecca at [email protected]*
This is a contract position, of 1(+) years with STRONG potential to convert or extend.
Hours: M-F 8-5
Travel 5% would consist of an occasional day trip to a job site with a PM
Job designation is Hybrid. Three days a week required on site with two remaining days remote.
The candidate would start work on site.
- Scheduling experience in Transmission, Substation, Construction or Engineering is preferred.
- Microsoft Project experience is required and P6 is a plus.
- Responsible for coordinating scope of work team activities and supporting the Project Managers (PMs).
- With some supervision, perform functions of as scheduler and/or commodity tracker for major projects.
- Develop, maintain & analyze less complex scope of work schedules using the assigned system.
- Develop and analyze scope of work schedules using assigned systems.
- Provide integrated cost loaded, resource loaded, and logic driven schedules, as applicable.
- Perform schedule maintenance, collecting progress data, developing and implementing scope of work schedule/status reports, and providing consistent, accurate information to the scope of work execution team.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
1. Define activities, duration, work sequences, and relationship logic to develop the scope of work plan and develop milestones to represent key decisions and deliverables that take place during execution. Ensure all scope and deliverables are accounted for.
2. Develop, maintain, and analyze scope of work project schedules using the assigned system (Primavera, SmartSheet, etc.).
3. Organize and lead schedule review meetings with all stakeholders and incorporate appropriate details. Ensure clear minutes and action items, as required.
4. Engage team and stakeholders to create schedules and provide schedule analysis updates to team, alerting them to schedule risks and issues that could delay milestones. Communicate schedule status to project stakeholders.
5. Understand the project management organizational standards and assist in the management of projects to those standards. Adhere to the guidance and standards put forth by the Project Management Governance Committee.
6. Work with Administrator to assign security, profiles, and roles for new users.
7. Learn, use, and refine sound techniques and best practices to update progress, acquire information, baseline schedules, maintain schedules, develop commodity curves, track metrics, and support project/outage teams on a routine basis
8. Provide periodic summary level status reports as requested. Prepare and analyze metrics reports or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.