Law Clerk 111
Apex Systems is looking to hire a Law Clerk III for one of your largest Government Clients. This position is 100% remote and candidates be duly licensed and authorized to practice under the laws of any state, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia and be an active member of the bar in good standing.
If you are interested in this position, please send an updated resume to J?ordan Dobrinsky; [email protected]
Job Title: Law Clerk III
Location: 100% Remote
Position Summary: The Law Clerk III will work under the direction of a Project Manager or Lead Project Manager performing complex legal research preparing draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc.;
Specific Duties Include:
- Work with Department attorneys to learn the pertinent facts and posture of active investigations;
- Review documents obtained in the course of investigations and code them based on their contents and relevance;
- Review documents obtained in the course of investigations and make preliminary determinations as to whether the documents may be covered by the attorney-client privilege, the work product doctrine, or other legal privileges;
- Provide feedback on documents reviewed.
- reviewing documents for relevance and privilege; and assisting attorneys with all phases of litigation.
- Acts independently and/or as a team leader on larger projects.
- Responsibilities may include acting as primary interface with trial attorneys, experts, and other client staff.
- possess a J.D. or equivalent degree;
- be duly licensed and authorized to practice under the laws of any state, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia and be an active member of the bar in good standing
- at least three to five years of progressively more responsible experience with discovery projects including proven capabilities and communication skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys
- sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources
- excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw
- hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.