If interested in applying for this positions please send updated resume to [email protected]
required 2 years of experience Salesforce
Hybrid-Onsite 2-3 days a week: Las Vegas NV 89119
Contract 6 months with extension
Job Description: The QA Analyst role plays an important part in SDLC development process. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assist in configuration of applications and integration interfaces in test environments to point to correct URLs/servers/ports to ensure connectivity between applications is intact. The QA Analyst will work with Project team to advocate quality in the software development lifecycle; create detailed test plans and procedures based on business requirements and product specifications; execute scenarios and test scripts to test functionality of the company’s web based and desktop software products; perform ad hoc and manually scripted testing. This position requires a self? motivated, dedicated, focused, detailed and methodical individual to combine the hands? on process knowledge of the QA function within the project lifecycle methodology; solid technical knowledge of software development environments and tools. Has a passion for testing, commitment to quality, lifelong learning, and contributes to overall team and company success.
Another core responsibility will be to troubleshoot issues in test environments and coordinate downtimes in QA test environments to the affected groups. The QA Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
- Participate in reviewing a business documentation and technical specifications for all applications under deployment or consideration, to determine its intended functionality to assist in testing.
- Participate in software design reviews.
- Work closely with Business, Project Managers, Development and Software Architecture team members to understand the system flows, processes and back end architecture.
- Create, review and update test cases as well as test scripts to keep up with changes in requirements and technical specifications.
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Test applications/upgrades/patches/customizations as specified by requirements.
- Execute sanity, smoke, functional, regression testing based on respective project and application needs.
- Document test results and generating test progress summary reports using QC and/or Jira tools.
- Work on an Agile team with Development to assure the smooth and on time delivery of releases.
- Good understanding of basic technical concepts associated with hardware, software, applications, multi-tier architecture, etc.
- Review test environment change requests and implementation plans to minimize chances of negative impact to QA environments and projects in testing.
- Identify missing steps on implementation plans and recommend changes to be made to have an accurate implementation plan before deploying into QA environments.
- Report defects recommend corrective action and resolve issues with software developers.
- Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Generate test completion reports detailing project testing activities, issues and defects encountered and test results.
- Support User Acceptance Testing.
- Collaborate with Project Manager to create responsive user interactions.
- Manage personal priorities and work with minimal supervision and direction.
- Attending training on new software products being considered for purchase to accomplish a project.
What You’ll Bring / Skills:
- 3 + years of Experience Quality assurance.
- Expertise in Quality Center and Jira to document test cases, test runs, test results, and generating test progress summary reports.
- Comprehensive understanding of SDLC, QA/QC concepts and methodology, strong emphasis on agile.
- Experience with testing web applications for cross-browser compatibility using desktops, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Experience with testing web services and API.
- Experience with Azure DevOps Server, Test Manager, or other automation test tools would be a plus.
- Knowledge on gaming, hotel, food & beverage, retail business and operations.
- Experience with Salesforce (2+ years)
- Experience with VMware tools to power on/off virtual machines (VMs).
- Experience in software automation to contribute to the design, expansion, and maintenance of our automated test suite.
- Exposure to .Net technologies, web services, stored procedures, and middle tier applications.
- Excellent communication, and interaction skills; Strong teamwork and collaborating in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate needs and schedules to IT, vendors and clients, as well as ensure that plans are in place and standards are adhered to.
- Strong understanding of technical concepts related to hardware, software, physical machines, virtual machines, multi-tier architecture.
- Strong understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple testing activities.
- Ability to operate under a dual reporting relationship (IT, Vendors and customers).
- Experienced in testing websites in different Operating Systems and Browsers as well as testing mobile websites.
- Experience with writing basic SQL queries used to retrieve information stored in SQL Database.
- Detail-oriented data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
- Experience with QA testing tools like Jira, QC, Load Runner, QTP and SOAP UI.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration or equivalent work experience.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software and system applications testing.
- It is preferred that this full-time position be based in our Las Vegas, NV office. We offer an excellent growth opportunity, benefit package, and great working conditions.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.