DOA - Office of Accounts and Control - N/A - Financial Reporting Manager
Financial Reporting Manager
If interested, please send an updated resume to [email protected]
Location: onsite in Providence, RI
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: To be responsible for compliance with accounting standards, financial statement preparation and coordination of subsequent audit process with external auditors; and to do related work as required.
9 month contract - possible extensions/permanent potential
Pay: negotiable based upon experience - paid weekly on a W2
- To be responsible for the integrity of the statewide financial reporting process and related financial controls.
- To manage the preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy.
- To monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting standards and guidelines pertaining to the CAFR.
- To create, implement and maintain comprehensive accounting policy documents applicable to all State agencies and departments to improve clarity and consistency.
- To oversee estimates, revenue recognition, and other complex technical accounting issues related to the State’s CAFR.
- To serve as a liaison with external auditors regarding interim and year-end audits for all state agencies and departments.
- To assist in the centralized monthly close process, including the review of journal entries, reconciliations and analyses of accounts.
- To stay current on accounting literature, research technical accounting areas and other significant accounting transactions, prepare technical memos and presentations as required by the State Controller’s Office.
- To implement, document and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements.
- To communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the senior management team and other personnel within the state agencies.
- To do related work as required.
- A thorough knowledge of complex accounting principles and auditing standards
- The ability to identify, interpret, and implement evolving accounting guidelines
- The ability to prepare and analyze financial statements or other financial documents
- The ability to identify problems and work interdependently with other staff in the department, with members of the public, other state departments and federal agencies
- The ability to manage staff
- The ability to effectively lead special projects when they arise
- The ability to interpret State and federal laws rules and regulations
- The ability to perform other accounting related tasks.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance and a professional designation of Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.