Sanitation Supervisor (Night-Shift)
Sanitation Supervisor (Night Shift)
Apex Systems is searching for a Sanitation Supervisor for our food industry client located in Markham, ON. Our client is a food manufacturer. They are looking for a Sanitation Supervisor for a night-shift permanent position. Candidates must be available to work Monday to Friday from 11PM-7AM, and must be comfortable working in a food manufacturing facility.
- Oversee the cleaning and sanitization of equipment, surfaces, utensils and plant environment by providing direction, working ‘hands on’ to motivate and provide technical support to all sanitation employees and other plant employees as required.
- Assure adherence to sanitation program policies, procedures in the plant environment and ensure the cleaning regime is in place and adhered to
- Provides guidance founded on risk-based gap analysis and industry best practices, for the continuous improvement of the TONFI cleaning and sanitation program. Provide guidance on strategy to achieve sanitation excellence across the organization.
- Plan sanitation requirements and activities by establishing priorities, scheduling, assigning work and communicating with sanitation staff and key stakeholders frequently and regularly within timelines.
- Track and trend critical sanitation metrics (allergen swabs, ATP swabs, pre op deficiencies, cleaning completion compliance) to measure performance and achieve improvements while maintaining all standards.
- Draft, monitor, update Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs) and participate in audits. Accountable for the result and action plan of sanitation audits
- Audit and report non-compliance and take corrective actions to assure compliance to all quality assurance food safety requirements on a monthly and daily basis.
- Work directly with Sanitation employees and chemical supplier Technical staff to trouble shoot and eliminate root cause issues of non-conformities
- Develop and execute training to meet all job requirements and ensure compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate with the Third-Party Contract site leader and supervisors on schedule changes, task requests and performance feedback that occurred during the day. Order, manage inventory and safely store all cleaning and sanitation supplies.
- Support and execute the Company’s Food Safety programs at the facility in conjunction with Quality Assurance, Microbiology and Food Safety.
- Support and promote the company’s health and safety program, maintain a safe working environment, and ensure continued compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and JHSC recommendations.
- Lead agent in Sanitary Design of Equipment protocols and
- Implement and manage equipment sanitation risk assessments for new and / or relocated or refurbished equipment.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining sanitation procedures and programs
- Developing and undertaking training for sanitation crews, Operations and QA teams.
- Responsible for master sanitation schedule and compliance to the requirements of the GMP, HACCP, and Allergen programs
- Manage Sanitation operating budget
- Track all sanitation activities on the Master Sanitation Scorecard while also completing KPI reports for both internal and external review
- Coordinate and organize cleaning at offsite warehouse facility bi-weekly
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Shift times may vary according to the needs of the business.
- 5-7+ years of supervisory experience with Sanitation, in a food processing facility.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of cleaning and sanitation within a high-risk food manufacturing environment.
- Expert and current knowledge in cleaning and sanitizing chemistry and technologies.
- Fully up to date in Industry Best Practices for Cleaning and Sanitation.
- Aptitude for continuous learning.
- Must be flexible to work varying shifts and weekends (demands of the business)
- Excellent ability to communicate (i.e., read, speak, and write) in English
- Proficient in MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of industry related quality systems and inspection programs, cleaning systems (CIP, COP) and chemicals
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP, WHMIS, First Aid, Food Safety, Basic Food Microbiology, Lock Out and Tag Out, and Health and Safety Regulations
- Valid Ontario Drivers license
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.