Controls Engineer (Wentzville)
Apex is seeking a Controls Engineer to work at our clients Site in Wentzville, MO
Please review the details below and reach out directly to Cassie Mosqueda at cmosqueda@apexsystems for more details!
As a member of the Engineering team, the Engineer will be responsible for all plant equipment controls engineering & improvement functions and overall plant operational support.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Develops implementation strategies for modifications to plant layout (AutoCAD) and production processes.
- Modifies programming for PLCs (typically Allen Bradley), HMIs, robots, vision inspection cameras, electric torque tools and plant automation as needed – often with and while directing Maintenance team.
- Troubleshoots problems with processes and hardware
- Coordinates with others in order to troubleshoot problems and implement solutions
- Provides technical assistance as needed
- Develops, and supervises all aspects of electrical control systems for plant equipment
- Responsible for installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software
- Analyze plant processes, design, and implement improvements
- Maintain quality and safety standards
- Develops implementation strategies for modifications to plant layout and production processes
- Designs and/or specifies work fixtures and modifies as required by production
- Research and purchases tools and equipment as required
- Manages projects including installation and modifications of tools and equipment by contractors and internal Maintenance team
- Analyzes ergonomic concerns and implements solutions
- Manages facility alterations and improvements
- Instructs maintenance on modifications or repairs to production equipment
- Supervises Skilled Trades for projects and to cover Supervisor absences
- Ensures compliance with the following legislation: OHSA, CSA, ESA, PHSR, WSIB, Human Rights, Employment Standards, and Labor Relations
- Works safely, reporting hazards and unsafe conditions, and takes all reasonable measures to protect themselves, co-workers, and direct reports
- Uses and or wears personal protective equipment that the company requires to be used or worn
- Performs any other duties as required in pursuance to the function of this position or as directed
- Post-Secondary Education or Experiential Equivalency
- High School diploma is required
- Degree/Diploma in related Engineering/Automation discipline
- 3 years’ experience in a Controls Engineering position within the Manufacturing and/or Automotive Industry
- Understanding of JIT (just in time) manufacturing
- Strong understanding of industrial automation and safety requirements
- Lean Manufacturing
- Strong skills in ladder logic, preferably Allen-Bradley Systems; PLC5, SLC and ControLogix 5000-5580.
- Strong Skills in HMI Design, Preferably FactoryTalk View and Ignition; WonderWare. LabVIEW
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.