IOMT Cybersecurity Specialist - Hyattsville
Apex Systems is hiring several IOMT Cybersecurity Specialists for a large Healthcare client in Hyattsville, MD. This position is moving QUICK! Please apply here if you are interested or send your resume to Natalie at [email protected]
Location: Travel position within the Baltimore area
Hours: Open availability required, 5 days, 40 hours/week.
- This position will support the technical activities associated with the delivery of a medical / IoT device cybersecurity program, involving the identification and collection of cybersecurity data elements in the asset inventory and implementation of cybersecurity controls and fixes.
Team Culture/Size/Soft Skills needed:
- Team Player, excellent verbal and written communicator, adaptable, critical thinker w/pro-active approach to all things.
Must have skills/experience/certs and/or technologies:
- 5+ years’ experience in technology, biomedical engineering, and/or cybersecurity within a healthcare environment.
- In-depth technical knowledge of clinical technology (ie, devices and systems) used in at least two clinical specialties along with an understanding of the related clinical practices.
- In-depth knowledge of information technologies as they relate to networking, integration, and interoperability of clinical technologies.
- Experience in routinely performed corrective and planned maintenance activities on medical devices. Analyzes and corrects equipment malfunctions to include engaging the manufacturer to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. : Restores equipment to manufacturers specifications. Works with clinical personnel to correct operator-based problems.
- Ability to follow the manufacturer’s planned maintenance instructions and uses knowledge and experience to test and maintain biomedical instrumentation not having specific maintenance procedures.
- Familiar with HTM modalities, radiologic technology, safety requirements, electrical and mechanical systems, networking theory, Regulatory standards governing all aspects of imaging equipment.
Preferred Certifications or Equivalent
- Comp TIA
- Comp TIA Security+
- GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF)
- Comp TIA PenTest+
Day to Day responsibilities:
- Utilize hardening guides to coordinate and execute controls to reduce the potential attack surface in the medical/IoT device environment
- Work with other Healthcare Technology Management (HTM) professionals in delivering a robust cybersecurity program.
- Work with clinical operations to coordinate access to the medical device through a combination of virtual and onsite support to address high/critical vulnerabilities.
- Partner with application owners to ensure the medical device IT controls are compliant by tracking and reporting of vulnerability remediation activities.
- Build stakeholder relationships with key vendors, KP cybersecurity consultants and program leads, system administrators, application owners and network strategy consultants.
- Stay current with the latest cybersecurity related trends and best practices.
- This is not an exhaustive list; other relevant duties and responsibilities may be assigned at the needs and discretion of the business.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.