Quality Assurance Analyst
Hybrid 3 days on-site in Fort Washington, PA
The Quality Assurance Analyst designs, documents and implements Quality Assurance methods and systems for all software applications. Adheres to policies and procedures to include the development and implementation of QA processes and works with software developers and business owners to define software validation, tests, and plans. Furthermore, the Analyst will execute on these test strategies and plans. Develops and maintains a detailed understanding of the major applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned by supervisor or management. In the event of absence, duties for this position will be overseen by the position to which it reports.
• Develops, publishes, and implements quality assurance standards and corresponding test plans
• Identifies, organizes, and tracks defect fixes using Jira and/or Spira Test tracking tools
• Documents test requirements, develops test procedures, tests execution, and tests report outputs per plan and schedule
• Assumes ownership across multiple projects concurrently
• Interacts with Business Owners in the executing User Acceptance Testing and signoff
• Works with the business owners to analyze and elicit additional requirements. Works with the development team to provide technical requirements
• Monitors change management process within Team Track
• Reviews build and release notes
• Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics. Identifies trends and recommends solutions.
• Monitors, controls and reports on quality measures and completeness for project deliverables.
• Performs mentoring and training to other members or project team in quality assurance standards and test execution.
• External contact in development and execution of test plans and cases involving outside vendors and 3rd party consultants
• Significant contact with internal clients and business owners in gathering requirements and coordinating the execution and signoff of quality assurance testing. Interaction is also required with technical development team in creating test cases and validation of requirements.
• Strong debugging and diagnostic skills. Understands the impacts of program changes. Ensures that business and functional requirements are traceable to the
program changes and have been tested by quality assurance team and business owners / end users.
Qualifications (Include Education and Specific Experience):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related fields.
• 3-5 years’ experience in requirements analysis, system documentation, development and execution of test plans and test cases for multi-platform systems.
• Solid understanding of the entire software development life cycle process, including requirements, analysis, design, coding, testing, and documentation across multiple development methodologies (e.g. waterfall, iterative, prototyping, agile).
• Advanced troubleshooting, testing and process skills and knowledge.
• Experience in all phases of functional, regression, acceptance, configuration, and installation testing.
• Ability to multi-task across several projects
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with attention to details.
• Strong self-motivation, work ethic, teamwork, and a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Demonstrated capabilities to interact with business owners, end users, project managers, developers, database administrators and system engineers.
• Experience working with EDI files.
• Experience testing APIs, ETL
• Experience working with different databases SQL Server, Oracle, Snowflake
• Proficiency with SQL language
• Proficiency with automated testing tools like Selenium.
• Experience with application performance and load testing with Jmeter.
• Experience with Contact Center technologies
• Experience with telecom systems like Five9 (Dialer, IVR, ICR), TaskE, Calabrio, etc.
• Proficiency with any testing management tools like JIRA or Mercury Quality Center
• Desired - Basic level programming skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.