Apex Systems is seeking a Procurement Manager to join a major biotechnology and pharmaceutical client in Princeton, New Jersey.
Schedule: Mostly onsite role. Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Duration: 6 month contract with potential to convert
Location: Princeton, NJ 08540
The candidate is responsible for procurement leadership, sourcing and procuring materials, services and capital for multisite across the Biomodalities BU. Lead and coach site procurement team and initiate and foster relationships with site stakeholders, establishing and prioritizing activities for their team to achieve objectives and results. Work closely with the Director Procurement, the Global Procurement Organization (GPO), Site Operations, Business Unit Leadership, and critical stakeholders at the sites and across the company. Leads BU level initiatives for supplier management, supplier quality & supplier performance improvement as well as supports global procurement initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Operations, Supply Chain or comparable disciplines. Masters preferred; Industry certifications a plus
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive Procurement experience and career advancement in procurement or comparable function
- Global Operations, finance and matrix management experience essential
- Leadership, engagement, coaching and development of site procurement team.
- Develop and execute succession planning and talent development for key positions.
- Minimize impact of supplier shortages by proactively identifying and resolving potential material supply issues, timely communication, collaborating with Supply Chain for inventory build, and proper escalation.
- Develops and implements business continuity plans targeting 80% of revenue secured
- Increase spend under contract. Negotiates supply agreements with vendors improving commercial conditions, including payment terms, VMI options etc.
- Responsible for ensuring suppliers adhere to the Terms & Conditions specified on the purchase order and resolves challenges.
- Implements the Procurement guidelines on site and contributing to its local deployment in all locations, writing local SOP if needed and ensure that site drives compliance to Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Complies with and follows all procedures within the company Security, EHS and Global Trade policies.
- Conduct business in an ethical and professional manner to ensure avoidance of all actual and potential conflicts of interest.
- Integrate with GPO, including Category Management, Supplier Relationship Management, Capital, CSR/D&I, and PMO to ensure sites are aligned with GPO initiatives.
- Partner with Category leadership to develop and execute strategies for the categories that he/she participates in or leads, globally or regionally that creates value to Catalent and meets customers’ expectations.
- Ensure site procurement is engaged and aligned with internal customers/stakeholders, gaining stakeholder and leadership support at the site.
- Partner with engineering and Global Capex Category Management for RFP, supplier selection, negotiation and contract execution.
- Partner with Finance to define and implement a PPV process. Communicate price changes and / or discrepancies and determine financial impact.
Procurement Value Creation
- Develop pipeline of opportunities (savings, cash flow, growth, other value) for the site, representing local, regional, and global initiatives.
- Leverage and negotiate pricing on combined volumes of purchases at various locations with industry leading suppliers to reduce the cost of goods and overheads.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.