OSP Engineer - II
If interested, please reach out to Luke, at [email protected]!
Location: Dunmore, PA
OSP ENGINEER -This individual is a Telecommunications Professional and must be capable of engineering routine and specific outside plant work orders for BAU and Rural BB services. The candidate must be capable of providing administrative and field support to the outside plant work forces. Also responsible for designing, maintaining, and optimizing Verizon’s network infrastructure in specific geographic locations including but not limited to the Central PA area near Erie, Bradford, Warren, Forest, McKean, Dubois areas. This work will include designing upgrades, repairs, and enhancements to the Outside Plant telephony network which includes all structures (such as poles and conduit systems), cable (copper & fiber) and associated equipment for aerial, underground, buried, and customer premise equipment for multi-tenant buildings. The engineer will design HBW and HiCAP service order requirements within a geographical turf and design solutions to extend fiber or copper service solutions to customer locations. He/she will coordinate with a variety of Verizon departments and also have direct customer contact. The engineer needs the ability to work in a diverse environment, handling business and residential customers, and must be able to solve complex problems with innovative solutions. The engineer must be able to price out solutions and select the most effective design. The engineer has the authority, up to a set dollar limit, to choose and implement solutions independently.
The candidate will perform the following work functions:
• Respond to service requests for Hi-Cap circuits by reaching out to customers both over the phone and by conducting site visits.
• Responsible for engineering the placement of OSP structure, facilities and electronics to meet service demand.
• During physical field visits, individual must be able to identify/recognize incorrect or unsafe conditions (e.g. missing anchor/guy) and design proper corrective plant configurations.
• Design Engineering Work Orders in ICGS/IDDS and other CAD programs
• Tracking and monitoring construction and other departments, which may include contractors, to assure timely completion of the engineering work orders and plans issued.
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical/science/mathematics fields or prior work experience in the telecommunications field.
2. Proficient computer skills (windows-based programs and google systems).
3. Excellent analytical, communication, and leadership skills.
4. Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
5. Customer contact skills and good written and oral communications skills are necessary.
Desired Skills/Experience: (valuable, but not required to obtain the position) 1. Prior working experience and basic knowledge of Outside Plant Engineering Practices & knowledge of TIRKS, Canvas, LFACS and IDDS/ICGS 2. Experience with the CAD program as well as high proficiency with MS Excel and/or MS Access, Google sheets would be particularly useful.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.