Tier 1 Desktop Support
Apex Systems, America’s second largest technical staffing firm, has an opportunity for a Desktop Support Technician supporting one of our largest Government clients in San Antonio, TX.
If you are interested in this position, please send an updated copy of your resume and you CompTIA Security + certification to Erica Mokun at [email protected]
Title: IT Desktop Support Technician
Location: San Antonio, TX, Onsite 100%
Shift: Must be available 1st, 2nd, and/or 3rd shift, and able to support a 24 x 7 environment.
Clearance: Candidates must be U.S. Citizens and able to obtain and/or maintain an ADP II Public Trust security clearance as a condition of employment
Pay Rate: $26.04 + $4.41 SCA = $30.45
- First-level support of all inbound calls, generating an Incident for all new issues.
- Accurately logging, ticketing and tracking/owning all incidents.
- First contact resolution of desktop issues or follow proper escalation procedures
- Provide accurate, timely, and professional resolution on all supported issues.
- Timely, accurate, thorough and professional follow-up on all Incidents.
- Quickly identify and escalate high-priority issues.
- Accurately triaging/assigning/escalating tickets per current processes and standards.
- Maintain dependable attendance and schedule adherence.
- Strong critical thinking skills that facilitate expedient problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to effectively communicate technical matters to a non-technical audience
- Hardware/software maintenance skills
- Ability to multitask while staying focused in a fast-paced competitive environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Proficient with Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating system
- Knowledge of mobile devices
- Experienced in the use of remote access applications
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to resolve technical issues within the policies and guidelines provided
- Excellent customer service skills
- Department of Defense security clearance (ADP II Public Trust), or the ability to obtain one.
- Certifications: CompTIA Security+ CE certification is required upon submittal.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCP) and/or Help Desk Institute (HDI) certifications , desired.
- Ability to support any shift within a 24/7/365 environment, including early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Familiar with ITIL and Service Desk support methodology.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or 4 years related IT experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.