Sr. Process Design Engineer
Are you looking to have a meaningful impact on the world through cutting-edge cleantech on a global scale? Please apply to learn more! This is a direct hire, permanent position.
Location: Deerfield, IL (4 days in Office - 1 Hybrid) (Relocation offered)
We are looking for a motivated, high-energy, well-organized, collaborative Process Engineer/Process Design Engineer for its innovative Ethanol to Sustainable Aviation Jet (SAF) and Diesel process global commercialization efforts.
The ultimate goal is to create and deliver feasibility/ techno-economic studies, as well as licensing, process engineering design packages, and support commissioning and startup activities for customers and partners. The position is for the corporate office located outside Chicago in Deerfield, Illinois
- This person will need to possess the skills to understand and produce process design packages, execute complex projects, and have a desire to deliver outstanding work products to clients.
- Will be responsible for process engineering design and development of information and deliverables for all project phases (conceptual inception, techno-economic evaluations, feasibility studies, basic engineering design, and operation).
- This will include collaborating with EPC and partners to deliver and evaluate process mass & energy balances, utility consumption, input for life cycle and sustainability analyses, equipment specifications, piping plans, P&IDs, PFDs, and instrument specifications.
- 5-15+ of professional experience for Process Eng. III or Senior Process Engineer based on experience, skillset and expertise. Targeted experience in process engineering design and operational experience in refining, petrochemical, or chemical industry environments
- 4+ years of experience with simulation tool development, using Aspen/Hysys and/or Unisim.
- Past experience mentoring others as a simulation SME (Subject Matter Expert)
- Owner of simulation model for optimization, development, and heat integration.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully applying the fundamentals of Chemical Engineering to industrial-scale projects
- Chemical processing experience at both R&D or EPC and operations is highly desired
- Experience developing process engineering designs for refining, petrochemical, or chemical industrial manufacturing processes. (Process flow diagrams, piping & instrument diagrams, mass & heat balances, basic piping system design, pump sizing, material handling methods, equipment, functional & installation specifications, as well as process instrumentation & control principles.)
- Good understanding of construction methods and knowledge of process electrical/control and instrumentation design integration is preferred
- Solid analytical skills, a basic understanding of project management fundamentals as well as strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, & AutoCAD
- BS in Chemical Engineering or related
- Master’s in Chemical Engineering a plus
- Six Sigma or Lean methodology training a plus
- Professional Engineering license a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.