IT Systems Engineer- Downtown Milwaukee
Our great client in Milwaukee, WI has an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer. If you are interested please apply with resume to [email protected].
*Onsite Downtown Campus 3 days a week (Mon - Wed)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Cumulative of prior level plus following:
- Proactively monitor to prevent and resolve application system performance bottlenecks.
- Proactively ensure SLAs are maintained and systems are built for sustainability.
- Understand the technical concepts necessary to do your job effectively and are aware of industry trends in your domain.
- Consider and build for many different use cases but avoid over engineering.
- Determine where to find answers and grow your own knowledge both with and without guidance.
- Manage systems and services in both on-premises and cloud environments.
- Develop and maintain documentation for systems and processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to systems and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with other members of the IT team to ensure systems and infrastructure are secure, reliable, and scalable.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years professional experience required
- 3+ years of professional IT experience
- 3+ years experience with at least one OS/hosting platform
- 3+ years experience in performance tuning of application stacks, OSs, DBs Etc
- 3+ years experience with Cloud based PaaS and SaaS platforms and integration points to On Prem infrastructure
- 3+ years experience with virtualization and containerization
- 3+ years experience with monitoring and performance management of systems
- 3+ years experience with Scripting development (powershell)
- Networking knowledge
- 3+ years experience with Identity Platform and tools
- Exposure to Infra as Code concepts and tooling Experience with CICD concepts, and tools including GIT, branching strategies, and leveraging knowledge to assist in delivering an infrastructure as a product.
- Experience with modern development and scripting languages
- In-depth knowledge of immediate systems, you work on and some knowledge of adjacent systems. (ie. SCCM, Windows, Intune, Group Policy, Tanium).
- Excellent troubleshooting skills within area of expertise.
- Understanding of high-availability concepts.
- Experience with multiple delivery methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.