Title: VxRail Administration
Must be Public trust eligible
Location: Des Moines, WA
Duration: 3+ Months
Nice to have: Data Domain, Unity, NetApp
This is first wave of larger engagement. VxRail initially being deployed in Alaska, Washington, and Oklahoma. Resident will sit in Oklahoma at HQ. Ability to manage Dell storage infrastructure outside of VxRail is a huge plus.
• Monitors, reviews, and manages Dell infrastructure listed in the SOW
• Manages user requests
• Manages and reviews log files
• Generate regular operational reports
• Provide capacity planning
• Assist with disaster recovery planning and design
• Isolates and troubleshoots incidents
• Performs service incident coordination
• Opens service requests on behalf of the Customer
• Participates in root cause analysis review
• Performs software/firmware management assistance and collaboration
• Implements change management requests
• Assists with solution documentation of policies and procedures in conjunction with the compliance manager(s) and with key stakeholders
• Monitors migration activities
Continual Service Improvement:
• Recommends procedure changes that result in operational optimization
• Shares best practices from other engagements
• Provides performance tuning recommendations
Post Implementation Planning and Knowledge Sharing:
• Works with customers technical leadership on an ongoing basis to ensure they have awareness of system status and discuss architectural design, strategies and plans for the future
• Performs transition planning with deployment team.
• Performs incremental host and network configuration beyond deployment scope.
• Conducts knowledge transfer for new technology features, management and admin activities, and Standard Operating Procedures
• Provides recommendations on product enhancements and upgrades
• Implements Dell EMC System Management Tools
• Works with customer staff to develop Run Books (document products and environment, including system information, code level, access instructions, configuration, how tos)
Change Evaluation and Recommendations:
• Reviews IT processes and policies (Incident, capacity, performance and change management, user, and back up policy) - as part of new solution or continuous improvement
• Assists with the solution documentation of policies and procedures in conjunction with the compliance manager(s) and with other key stakeholders
• Conducts knowledge transfer to address the Customers skills and resource gaps as well as technology recommendations.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.