Linux System Administrator
Linux System Engineer
Austin, TX (Hybrid)
If interested and meet the necessary requirements, please e-mail your most up to date resume in a WORD document to Lindy Heim at [email protected]
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree. Preferred Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or Management Information Systems. Experience:
• Five (5) years of progressive experience in systems administration and design work.
• Five (5) years of experience in RedHat Linux Server environment. • Three (3) years of experience troubleshooting server hardware, software, application performance monitoring, and capacity planning tools. Preferred Experience:
• Five (5) years’ experience in systems analysis and/or Linux systems (RHEL, SUSE, etc.) administration and virtualization technologies (VMware)
• Experience with automated operations and tools for centralized management of servers including BASH, Python and Ansible
• Experience in disaster recovery tests and related activities
• Experience with DELL Server Hardware
• Experience with Nutanix Hyperconverged Hardware and AOS, NCC and Foundation
• Basic understanding of cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
• Basic understanding of Active Directory, DNS and PKI Certificates • Windows OS experience
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Substitution:
• One (1) additional year of the full-time minimum experience as stated above may substitute for each year (30 semester hours) of the required education with a maximum of 120 semester hours (four years).
• A RHCE certification may be substituted for one (1) year of college/university experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.