Summary of the duties of the position:
Accountable for ensuring effective product quality assurance and control
- Takes leadership role in the assurance of safe laboratory operations.
- Participates in all Customer, Quality, PSM or EHSS audits.
- Establishes laboratory goals and performance expectations and accountability for lab personnel.
- Provides training to QC technicians to ensure they work in a safe and competent manner.
- Takes responsibility for the production, maintenance and accuracy of customer documentation including Specifications, AMLs and COAs.
- Ensures the safe preparation and delivery of chemical materials and customer samples.
- Prepares work assignments to provide an orderly flow of data, keeping sample backlogs and turnaround times to a minimum.
- Resolves quality issues including instrument reliability, accuracy, precision, turnaround time, capability and value.
- Works with the Quality Manager to develop new or improved analytical methods or new methodologies.
- Assists users of analytical data (Management, technicians and production) with the interpretation of the analytical results.
- Participates in inter and intra laboratory correlation studies to validate both the precision and accuracy of the analytical data generated.
- Performs root cause analysis for customer complaints and analytical concerns and develops action plans for prevention of reoccurrence.
- Participates in analytical Six Sigma quality activities and programs for the site.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant lab experience in petro-chemical plant
- Experience in ISO 9001 (Lead Auditor certification or ASQ certification preferred)
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- DOT Hazardous Material Certification preferred
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.