DR Coordinator II
Apex Systems is now seeking a Disaster Recovery Coordinator in Raleigh, NC! This is a hyrbid, 18+ month contract. Must be able to come on-site in Raleigh, NC at least two times a month. If interested please email Serena at [email protected] an updated copy of your resume!
The IT Disaster Recovery Coordinator II is responsible for communicating, maintaining, and reporting on the enterprise IT Disaster Recovery Program for our client. They will assist in building resilience into and supporting recovery plans for systems following the occurrence of an IT outage or major disasters that result in the partial or complete disruption of business operations. The IT Disaster Recovery Coordinator role is primarily technical, but communication skills needed to effectively collaborate with business stakeholders and other recovery team members are also required. They will be instrumental in maintaining and testing contingency plans for potential disaster and business interruption scenarios. A successful Disaster Recovery Coordinator will be instrumental in coordinating disaster recovery efforts across multiple business lines to support synergistic business continuity throughout the organization.
- Work with Risk Management team to ensure that the disaster recovery and business continuity plans drive disaster recovery strategy, procedures, and solutions.
- Support key recovery objectives, such as damage assessments, crisis communications, coordination with external government agencies and timely work area recovery.
- Translate business operations’ recovery requirements into plans, programs, and recovery testing strategies.
- Establish and maintain the overall plans for executing all disaster recovery procedures and understand their interdependencies.
- Establish and maintain detailed disaster recovery communications, coordinate with Change Management teams to include disaster recovery procedures are prevalent in the change management process.
- Work with the IT technical staff to ensure that disaster recovery solutions are adequate, in place, maintained, and tested on a regular basis.
- Provide ongoing feedback for risk management, legal, and compliance.
- Act as liaison for auditing and examination of disaster recovery plans, processes, and strategies.
- Manage all IT Disaster Recovery documentation, including policy and procedure updates, with a major focus on maintaining the most up to date versions.
- Promote continuous improvement of IT Disaster Recovery plans through rigorous exercising.
- Help ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Coordinate between multiple different areas within the organization to drive business resiliency
- Require 4+ years of experience in IT operations implementing and supporting applications.
- Understanding DR recovery solutions, high availability architectures, servers, and mainframe architectures.
- Wide breadth of technical familiarity including hardware, applications, middleware, and use of co-locations
- Familiarity of the design, installation, and maintenance of servers
- Familiarity with networking, backup tools and elementary IT network principles
- Require excellent oral and written communication skills to convey plans, exercises, and activities.
- Must be able to interact with technical, non-technical, and management staff.
- Familiarity with business continuity program life cycle plans and source deliverables (e.g., risk assessments, bias, continuity planning) is essential.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of leadership as well as various IT and business professionals.
- Prior experience with IT disaster recovery tests/exercises, for both tabletop and live/functional recovery exercises.
- Familiarity with executing this role under the direction of DR industry best practices and governance requirements.
- Ability to assemble and understand disaster recovery plans for applications (ARPs) and for infrastructure (TRPs)
- Ability create and coordinate meetings and working sessions between Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Legal, Compliance, and other various teams.
- Must adhere to the work schedule and attendance policy established by manager.
- Must be able to speak English fluently.
- Must be able to cooperate and collaborate with co-workers.
- Must be cordial in all interactions with members and co-workers.
- Must have strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Bachelors degree in computer science
- Disaster Recovery Certified Specialist (DRCS)
- IT Disaster Recovery Planning Certified Planner (DRCP)
- Business Continuity Management Certifications (BCCE, BCCP, BCCS, BCMP)
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow
- ITIL certification
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.