IaaS Engineer - Secret
Title: IaaS Engineer
Clearance Requirement: Secret at time of hire, must be able to obtain SCI
Duration: 7 months, likely extension
Location: Langley AFB
• Avamar, ECS, DataDomain, general backup skill
• Able to maintain services that include MS System Center (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Windows AD, DNS, Federation Services, Exchange/E-mail, MS SQL, or cloud provider equivalent services.
• Able to design and implement infrastructure provisioning automation, using IaC practices, and tools and technologies such as TerraForm, AWS CloudFormation, etc.
• Able to ensure cloud and hybrid services are compatible to enable seamless service offerings to customers.
• Able to monitor usage of infrastructure resources to ensure KR is providing adequate compute and storage capacity to meet mission requirements in all KR operated environments.
• Able to continuously monitor IaaS and PaaS uptime in all KR operated environments to provide uptime and usage data to the Government upon request.
• Able to respond to escalated technical issues from customers or other team members to resolution.
Able to ensure secure implementations of any infrastructure service or offering using industry best practices, STIGs, vendor recommendations, or as directed by KR.
• Able to ensure all necessary software and H/W requirements are utilized to full potential and make recommendations for any changes or updates for enterprise implementations.
• Able to Support the IaaS Architects as needed for project planning, troubleshooting, and implementation.
• Able to ensure highly available, secure, and easily accessible infrastructure for customer utilization.
• Able to ensure future capacity and feature requests are captured and planned for implementation.
Familiarity with hosting platform environments and able to enable hosting of any KR chosen platform such as Kubernetes.
• Able to provide technical expertise and maintenance of detailed architectural designs, plans, and documentation IAW industry standards. Includes detailed documentation on infrastructure and networks, configuration and layout of storage infrastructure, data sharing and migration plans, recovery plans, incident response plans, and backup and archiving plans.
• Able to provide on-call 24/7 support via on-call schedule or as needed; on-call services may include but not be limited to: Tier 2 and Tier 3 Help Desk support, incident response, and incident mitigation. The global workforce shall be utilized to minimize costs to the Government and maximize coverage.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.