Web Logic Engineer
Oracle Middleware Engineer
Description: As a Oracle middleware engineer, you will be a leading the migration and support of WebLogic Server to cloud as it applies to SOA/BPEL, Web Center, Oracle Access Manager, Oracle E-Business Suite and/or Oracle Business Intelligence/Data Integrator. You will be working in an environment that will require architectural direction expertise to automate Weblogic installation and configuration through the use of Weblogic Scripting (WLST). The Software Engineer also plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.
Location: Atlanta, GA (Hybrid - Onsite 1 day per week)
Duration: 6 month contract to hire
- In-depth experience with one or more applications such as SOA/BPEL, Web Center, Oracle Access Manager, Oracle E-Business Suite and/or Oracle Business Intelligence/Data Integrator of them as it relates to Weblogic configuration.
- Weblogic installation and configuration through the use of Weblogic Scripting (WLST).
- Familiarity with automated configuration tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet is highly desired.
- Extensive experience in business analysis, requirements gathering, detailed designing and development.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience in CI/CD, version control, deployments, cut-over planning & strategy, post production support etc.
- Must have large enterprise experience.
- Perform trouble-shooting effort and investigation when necessary
- Contribute to solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Assist in reviewing the current technical architecture, including design patterns and development methodologies.
- Must have experience with high volume, low latency environments.
- Actively participate in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and share insights with others in the organization
- Any non-Oracle middleware technologies a plus.
- Support and mentor DevOps teams implementing Oracle Middleware solutions. Responsible for providing technical guidance to all departments by creating a knowledge base on best practices.
- Researching features used and features that should be used.
- At least 8 years of working experience
- 5+ years experience implementing, customizing and supporting the Oracle Fusion Middleware Stack
- Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
- Working experience in analysis, design and programming
- Working knowledge in WebLogic Server
- Proficient programming, unit and system testing skills for all levels of complexity
- Ability to synthesize information quickly at a high level and makes decisions in ambiguous situations
- Ability to recognize matters of urgency and know when to escalate effort
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail, have a strong customer focus, and collaborate and function effectively in a team environment and independently on complex problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Experience on a financial team
To apply please email your resume to [email protected]
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.