GIS System Admin
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology staffing firm, is actively hiring for a GIS System Admin role with a Fortune 200 Renewable Energy Client!
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to [email protected].
Our Enterprise GIS team is seeking a principal architect with strong functional knowledge and background in Esri Geospatial Platform. They will work to drive the strategy and develop standards for a scalable Enterprise GIS Platform to enable end-to-end geospatial workflows and content distribution across multiple business units. Essential Skills
- 5 – 7 years experience as a GIS Developer
- Business, Application and Data Architecture experience
- Experience defining roadmaps and standards
- Design solutions that include business innovation and transformation, improved process workflows, UI/UX
- Decompose a business request into meaningful capabilities and processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Successfully demonstrated leadership and influential skills in a complex organization
- Adept at creative solution development, drive to innovate and automate
- Used to agile, fast-paced, dynamic project environments
- Hands-on with application development, system configuration, and support.
Desired Technical / GIS Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years experience with Esri Platform cloud deployments
- Hands-on implementation experience in AWS for Esri Solutions
- Applicable AWS Certifications (preferred)
- Kubernetes or Docker Certification (preferred)
- Strong understanding of GIS best practices and functionality
- Familiarity with designing/supporting Enterprise Imagery Services and Analytics best practices
- Managed an enterprise environment in a cloud provider like (Aws, Azure, GCP)
- Recent versions of platform- most recent 11.1
This position installs, configures, and maintains computing infrastructure, operating systems, and middleware products on all computer platforms, including mainframes, workstations, and servers - including web servers - in support of 24-hour-per-day, seven-day-per-week business processes.
• Evaluates, implements, and modifies operating system software parameters and product solutions for optimum performance
• Identifies integration and other interface requirements for all supported products and platforms
• Serves as a technical escalation point for technicians and customers
• Troubleshoots hardware, system and application issues
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.