Software / Firmware Engineer
On-site 5 days per week!
Local to Pittsburgh candidates strongly preferred
We are seeking a Software / Firmware Engineer to join our Engineering Department to support the manufacturing of gas equipment to measure and control hazardous gases and vapors. With room for growth as the company expands, this role you will be the software/firmware subject matter expert working together with colleagues from other departments to develop new products in-house, manage third party developers, and solve customer problems.
- Lead software and firmware development for in-house projects related to chemical vapor monitoring and control.
- Serve as the project manager for software development projects completed by third-party vendors.
- Be the subject matter expert for all questions related to software or firmware.
- Work with other departments to develop technical and functional requirements and assess feasibility and soundness of proposed new products, and improvements to current products.
- Develop software for Windows and Android, and embedded firmware across various platforms.
- Perform functional testing from prototype to final release to provide customers with stable products that work as specified.
- Enhance current products and services based on market demands and the availability of new technologies.
- Work to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Thoroughly document processes and procedures related to software and firmware development and supporting through production and technical services.
- Collaborate with sales/marketing teams to develop roll-out strategies for new software products.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic or Electromechanical Engineering, or equivalent work experience in the field of software / firmware development
- 3+ years of experience in similar roles including project management
- Firmware and software programing, e.g. C, C++, C#, Assembly, Python, Java, MATLAB
- Competencies: Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Self-starter capable of identifying problems and developing project plans to address those problems
- AWS, SQL, Microsoft Access
- Experience with root cause analysis and troubleshooting engineering systems
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.