Sr R&D Chemist
Apex Systems is actively seeking a Sr R&D Chemist for a direct hire opportunity with a global manufacturer of fuels and lubricants that reduce emissions, improve fuel economy, extend equipment life.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Sr R&D Chemist conducts complex and/or non-standard research, development, and/or performance testing activities. This role is focused on using theory and mechanism to drive innovation. The Sr R&D Chemist may act as overall or technical project lead and direct the work of other technical team members assigned to the project. High level of communication and presentation skill required. Often the incumbent will be responsible for multiple projects of varying complexity occurring at same time.
- Performs formulation, synthesis, and/or testing activities to meet established project objectives. Effective use of the Product Development Process.
- Evaluation and preliminary interpretation of data. Provides technical recommendations to senior R&D team member or leader regarding results, chemistry/component viability and necessary characterizations. Completes special projects as assigned
- Participates in technical and/or project reviews and presents findings as appropriates. Engages with assigned teams and cross-functional stakeholders, such as business, process, marketing, etc…
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date lab notebooks in accordance with established procedures. Ensure objectivity and accuracy in reporting and recording data. May direct/supervise the activities of or other team members as appropriate.
- Understand, comply, and promote safe laboratory and work practices, including appropriate safety regulations and procedures.
- Assure that complete documentation is maintained on ISO or Quality System related activities. Participate in Quality System related activities and maintain an up-to-date understanding of the Quality System functions & responsibilities.
- Serve as a representative in technical conferences, societies and other industry activities. Maintain adequate level of technical expertise and self-development through study, seminars, etc. Stay informed of advanced developments inside and outside of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (or other relevant science field)
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of applicable chemistry and/or engineering principles and application in a research and development environment typically acquired after at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Advanced degree in Chemistry, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Experience directly related to applicable product or product category
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.