Quality Assurance Analyst - Consultant
Pay Rate: $50-60/hr
Location: Columbia, SC
**First two weeks onsite (no exception) and as required during duration of assignment. There is some remote work.
Seeks experts in Quality Assurance Tester - Advanced Testing of small to large projects.
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
Responsible for performing tests on technical solutions to isolate and solve issues. Initiates tests, analyzes results, and finds solutions to technical problems.
* Develop test plans, QA and/or User Acceptance Testing processes and test cases for product management and software development teams.
* Test software applications for reliability and stability.
* Implement testing programs to perform quality assurance on technical applications including negative testing and usability.
* Lead projects to perform quality assessments that expose security flaws, reveal defects, and identify areas of optimization and increase usability.
* Create quality assurance documentation and reports as required
* Adhere to established software testing governance policies, best practices and guidelines and recommend improvements
* Coordinate with product development teams and software engineers to recommend solutions to maximize performance and efficiency
* Perform reviews, walkthroughs, or inspections and adhere to established governance standards.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
THE ABILITY TO:
* 5 years translating business requirements or policy documentation into test cases and scenarios.
* 5 years building test cases and scenarios into test systems
* Document and support development of test scenarios/cases and the execution of testing activities.
* Should be able to communicate and publish status reports of all open issues and gaps found during test phase and articulate the details to the development teams.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
* 5+ years large enterprise or e-business systems experience.
* Knowledge of healthcare operations (preferably Medicaid), business processes
* Proficient in Atlassian tool suite including JIRA and Confluence
* Prior experience working in a standard SDLC (waterfall methodology) & in an AGILE delivery.
* 2 years of experience testing Curam programs
Bachelors degree in a technical, business, or related field. Years of experience can substitute for formal education.
None required. Technical and/or Project Management certifications from recognized sources are desirable.
Duration: 12 Months
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.