Project Estimator II
Apex Systems is actively hiring for a Project Estimator role with a Fortune 200 Renewable Energy Client!
This position is designated as hybrid with preferred candidates working in West Palm Beach, Florida
**For immediate consideration, please send your most up-to-date resume in a Word Document to: Alex at [email protected]*
Position: Project Estimator
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Purpose: This contractor will be doing predominately Renewable Energy Project estimates.
Experience: 1+ years of relatable professional experience in engineering, consulting, or project management preferred.
Hours: M-F, 40 hours per week. Possibility of OT with permission. Travel of 10% would consist of training, meetings or site visits.
Length of Assignment: 12 month contract + potential extension or conversion
The team does construction cost estimating for the entire portfolio of projects (ex: solar, wind, fossil plants, gas pipelines, small-scale battery storage, power industry, water treatment, etc.). Anything related, the team is heavily involved in. The group works on building new necessities, for example, a power plant or wind farm. In this case, our resource would help the team with designs and come up with a budget for construction. In the case of a non-regulated situation, the team would come up with bid because it is a competitive process. This position develops, quantifies, costs, and provides a complete capital expenditure (CapEx) model for evaluating projects. Employees in this role provide technical guidance, estimating knowledge, market pricing, and staffing considerations during the estimating process.
- Prepares capital cost estimates
- Reviews designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives, when appropriate
- Coordinates with other departments, ensuring understanding of project objectives and efficient utilization of resources
- Reviews layouts, designs, and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives, when appropriate
- Remains current with technology and industry evolution, assuring that capital estimates anticipate the correct market conditions
- Establishes, builds, and implements metrics for sot and construction estimate checks
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED
- Experience: 2+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience: 0+ years
- Jr candidate - 0-2 years of experience in the Renewable Energy Industry - team will teach estimating, if necessary
- Sr candidate - 2+ years of experience in engineering/design or construction in the Renewable Energy Industry - team will teach estimating, if necessary
- HV Transmission Line Estimation
- Experience w/ 69kV to 500kV
- Wind Turbine design
- Large scale solar panel design
- Potential to go permanent/ long term contract
- Fortune 200 client
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.