Mid-Level Software Engineer – Platform Engineer
Apex Systems is seeking a Mid-Level Software Engineer - Platform Engineer to join a Product Security Engineering team on GMD Systems Integration, Test & Readiness program.
Work Location: Huntsville, AL
Telework Availability: This position will be 100% onsite.
- Supports the development of a virtualized system used to support multiple types of tests and development activities on the program, utilizing modern tools such as Ansible, Terraform, vSphere, and eSXI.
- Develops and configures virtualization artifacts using Industry Standard tools and security recommendations
- Rapid prototyping of a variety of virtualized systems and sub-systems
- Write/debug PowerShell/BASH/Python scripts
- Create, Configure, Deploy virtual machines in both Linux & Windows
- Troubleshoot Virtual Machine security/networking configuration
- Develop documentation detailing software and system components
- Develop Terraform playbooks to create/destroy virtual environments
- Develop Ansible playbooks to configure virtual systems
- Cybersecurity IAT/IAM Level 2 Certificate or higher
- 3+ years of experience developing and debugging scripts in PowerShell/BASH desired
- Experience with Ansible and Terraform
- 3+ year experience with Virtualization technologies (Creation, Deployment, and Configuration)
- Strong understanding of physical and virtual networking
- Strong understanding of Linux and Windows configuration
- Experience configuring continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines with Git or similar version control tools
- Experience working in fully virtualized environments
- Ability to solve technical problems without step-by-step documentation
- Highly motivated to learn new skills
- Experience performing Verification and Validation (V&V) of hardware/software systems along with integration and unit testing
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and manage multiple activities simultaneously
Education / Experience:
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience(e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- This position requires clearing a background check and an enhanced Personal Conflict of Interest (PCI) requirements as a condition of employment.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.