DevSecOps Software Assessment Lead
Apex Systems is seeking a Software Assessment Lead to oversee activities to establish and maintain the DevSecOps environment that supports the integration and independent verification and validation (IV&V), and software assurance of the component software products comprising the Ground-based Missile Defense (GMD) program. This includes designing, implementing, and maintaining a modern system deployment to the government digital environment with a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) workflow for system build, test and deploy in containerized microservices.
- Oversee activities to perform DevSecOps in a closed network environment.
- Lead Software and Firmware Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) activities.
- Oversee activities to develop, document and maintain complex architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for software systems.
- Oversee development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develop software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Provide technical leadership for software projects and leads software supplier management activities.
- Lead development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools, and metrics.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes, and regulations.
- Track and evaluate software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards.
- Provide technical leadership for Software Assurance to ensure development of software that is free from vulnerabilities.
- Train and mentor others.
- Work under consultative direction.
Relevant Technologies used on this program:
- Cloud Environment
- Hardware Virtualization
Experience in the following areas:
- Experience with Kubernetes, Zephyr, TestRail, TestComplete, Xray, T4J, Cucumber Rancher, Openshift, Git, Helm, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Grafana, or AppDynamics.
- Programming languages such as Java, Python, Go, or C++.
- Software development, systems engineering, or integration and test experience with mission systems on tactical platforms, flight software, or other complex systems.
- Automation and CI/CD techniques and design patterns.
- Agile product development.
- Continuous integration, testing, and delivery.
- Automated system testing, integration, and deployment.
- Software factory maintenance and upgrades.
- Collaboration with developers, testers, and system engineers from multiple product teams.
- Security first mindset
- Strong knowledge of software testing methods and approaches.
- Experience working with both software and hardware-in-the-loop test environments.
- Strong Working knowledge of the CI/CD process including debugging, test, and integration of software tools.
- Experience working with and supporting systems with Linux Operating System (OS).
- Strong communication skills and a self-starter that can thrive in a new program start-up environment.
- Understanding of designing and implementing full stack/Microservice infrastructure.
- Have the ability to work within a tool-chain using tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Artifactory, ELK, SonarQube, Jira, Prometheus, Fluentd, Helm, DataGrid, JBoss, Cloud Suite, OpenShift, Docker and more.
- Significant experience architecting solutions for containerizing legacy applications.
Education / Experience:
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years related work experience, Master+12 years related work experience).
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.