Senior ServiceNow Developer
Senior ServiceNow Developer
The primary focus of this role is on ServiceNow development, platform administration and systems integration. Scope includes :
- To design, develop, configure, test, implement, support and maintain ServiceNow solutions such as catalog items, customizations, workflows, dashboards, and reporting to meet business needs
- To design, set up and maintain integrations between the ServiceNow system and external systems (e.g Azure DevOps, JIRA, etc)
- To develop and maintain documentation, such as technical designs, test plans, and training material to ensure effective development and maintenance of IT systems
- To perform platform administration work and upgrades
- To work with Business Analysts to understand user requirements and provide mapping to ServiceNow workflow processes
- The incumbent is also expected to mentor and provide direction to new/junior developers on the team as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- ServiceNow Application Developer (CAD) certification is highly desirable
- ServiceNow Systems Administrator (CSA) certification is highly desirable
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSA, MCSE) a plus but not required
- Other relevant technical certifications are a plus
- ITIL V3 Foundation or higher certifications are a plus
Knowledge & Years of Experience
- 8+ years of experience working in Information Technology
- Proven experience as a ServiceNow Developer with in-depth knowledge of the ServiceNow platform and at least 5 years ServiceNow development experience in an enterprise environment
- Good experience on configuring ServiceNow business roles, UI policies, UI Actions, ACLs, and advanced scripting.
- Good system integration experience using web services and other web based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
- Experience with ServiceNow Service Portal and widget development
- Experience with ServiceNow Integration Hub spokes
- Good knowledge of LDAP, MS Active Directory
- Experience with Agile, DevOps practices
- Project Management experience a plus
- Good understanding of the ITIL framework a plus
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork, and collaboration in a diverse professional setting
- Support Go Live, hyper care phases and post go-live business-as-usual support
- To develop and maintain documentation, such as technical designs, test plans, and training material to ensure effective support and maintenance of deployed solutions
- Create and configure Catalog Items, Workflows, Business Rules, UI Policies, UI Actions, Client Scripts, Portal pages and ACLs including advanced scripting of each.
- Create and configure notifications, UI pages, UI Macros, Script Includes, Formatters, etc. in ServiceNow
- Platform Configuration and Maintenance
- Provide administration and maintenance of ServiceNow platform and associated applications
- Perform application and platform upgrades including performing skip update reviews as needed
- Work closely with the ServiceNow team to configure and improve core and custom applications
- Develop system integrations with 3rd party tools (e.g. Azure DevOps, JIRA) or ServiceNow to ServiceNow integration with scripted and OOB REST API and SOAP Web Services
- Does technical assessment of new plugin installations and configuration
- Platform Support and other responsibilities
- Provide general support for the ServiceNow platform and associated applications
- Create and update existing documentation
- Stay current with capabilities of ServiceNow platform and proactively share with team
- Perform other duties as required.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.