Our client is seeking a talented PhD scientist who strongly desires to develop environmentally sustainable products. The mission of this team is to create advanced technology that allows our paper, board, and tissue industry customers to improve the efficiency of their production processes, improve the end-use performance of their products, and improve the sustainability of their operations through efficient use of natural resources like water, fiber, and energy.
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments.
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth.
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with a team of scientists and marketing associates with diverse backgrounds to develop new solutions that deliver enhanced value to our paper/board/tissue customers.
- Develop solutions to complex research problems requiring creativity and ingenuity. Plan, perform, and interpret results from relevant experiments and present data in a concise and usable format.
- Ensure the successful deployment of new technologies by establishing effective working relationships with sales, marketing, manufacturing, and other company researchers.
- Provide guidance to less experienced researchers.
- Interact directly with external and internal customers and suppliers to understand their processes, needs, and offers. Provide direct support to assist the sales process. At times, this will require travel at a level of up to 20%.
- Appropriately document all research and support activities using formal/informal reports and presentations.
- Ensure that all research activities are performed with safety as the top priority.
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of industry experience leading the way from ideation to commercialization of new products and technology solutions.
- Passionate about making a difference and being on the bleeding edge of green sustainability projects.
- Experience and understanding in the formulation and application of coatings designed to allow paperboard to resist the penetration of liquid, grease, oil, moisture vapor, or oxygen.
- Understanding of surface/interfacial chemistry.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.