Security Program Advisor
Security Program Advisor
Location: This role is a Full-time Remote position with limited in person meetings in Arlington, VA. (about twice a year)
*All interested and qualified candidates can please contact Schuyler Moose at [email protected]
- Assist in the manning, training, and equipping of the ARNG General Intelligence Security Program.
- Provide direct support to the ARNG G-2 Security Programs Branch Chief, supporting the ARNG’s national-level General Intelligence Security Program including the following security disciplines: Information Security (INFOSEC), Personnel Security (PERSEC), Industrial Security (INDUSEC), Communications Security (COMSEC), Foreign Disclosure (FD), Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI), and Security Awareness, Education, and Training (SETA).
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team of military and civilians to implement the General Intelligence Security Program.
- Develop and update security presentations for the ARNG G2 Office of Intelligence Security Programs Branch (OIS-P).
- Conduct annual program assessments to assist in the Planning, Programming, Budget, and Execution (PPBE) process.
- Develop best practices guides for dissemination to the 54 ARNG States and Territories.
- Maintain the security and privacy of controlled unclassified and classified information
- Travel: up to 10%
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years or more of related experience; OR Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; OR PhD or JD and six (6) years or more experience.
- Active TOP SECRET clearance with the ability to obtain SCI.
- 8+ years’ experience with a range of security disciplines, including PERSEC, INFOSEC, COMSEC, and/or INDUSEC.
- Knowledge and understanding of AR 380-28 “Army SCI Program”, AR 380-67 “Personnel Security Program”, AR 380-5 “Army Information Security Program”, AR 380-49 “Industrial Security Program” AR 525-2 “The Army Protection Program”, AR 380-10 “Foreign Disclosure”, AR 380-40 “Safeguarding and Controlling Communications Security Material” and other relevant Army and DoD security publications.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Army Planning, Programming, Budget, and Execution Process.
- Possess strong analytic and organization skills, work well independently without nearby corporate support.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC) highly desired.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.